Accountant (m/f/x) – Tabora Region, Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Tabora , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium's governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad Enabel offers solutions addressing pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality, and Global Citizenship. With 1,500 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Background Enabel is operating in Tanzania as a public limited company under public law with a social purpose in accordance with article 7 (iii) of the General Agreement between The United Republic of Tanzania and The Kingdom of Belgium on Development Co-operation signed on 16th of October 2002, and the introduction Letter from the Embassy of Kingdom of Belgium N° 2018/023 signed on 25th January 2018 on the transformation from BTC into Enabel. The project on beekeeping, funded by the European Union, has a duration of 4 years with an inception phase of 6 months.
The project is taking place under the 11th EDF National Indicative Programme for Tanzania (2014-2020) in which Sustainable Agriculture is a focal sector with the specific objective to "enhance management of natural resources, including forests, and ecosystem services for sustainable agriculture development and climate change adaptation". The European Union Action Document for Beekeeping Value Chain Support contributes to that objective and also to the Planet and Prosperity pillars.
For the launching of our new project on beekeeping, Enabel is searching for an accountant to be based in Tabora Region..
Your tasks and responsibilities as an accountant:
• You ensure the processing of accounting data and documents in order to provide qualitative accounting.
• You ensure the preparation of treasury operations in order to ensure suppliers/beneficiaries/etc. are paid correctly and in due time.
• You ensure the preparation of files for control purposes in order to allow a transfer by one's hierarchical supervisor to the controllers/auditors.
• You control the supporting documents regarding grants in order to allow for an appropriate control of the grants.
• You provide financial data in order to allow reliable financial reporting and analysis
• The Accountant reports to the financial controller
Your profile Required qualifications and experience
• Tanzanian national
• Bachelor in accounting and/or financial management
• Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar function
• Experience in an NGO / bilateral agency is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
• Good knowledge of various accounting software;
• Good Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping (accrual accounting);
• Good knowledge of computer software (MS Word, Excel);
• A Good Team Player
• You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili. Considering the international environment in which you work, excellent knowledge of English is required.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel ( https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values) .
• A fascinating job in an international environment.
• A contract of 36 months with 6 months' probation period You are based in Tabora Region. Occasional missions to the region Katavi, Singida, Shinyanga and Pemba Islands where we implement projects are possible.
• A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 4), hospitalization/healthcare insurance, 13th month, double holiday allowance and reallocation allowance.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Are you interested? Apply here https://jobs.enabel.bel at the latest by 25/08/2021 and include your application letter and updated CV. If you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to [email protected] . We thank you in advance for your interest in our company.