8 Motorcycle Drivers
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
10 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Ilala, Temeke, Kinondoni, Ubungo and Kigamboni Municipal Councils invite suitable candidates to apply for the position of General Service Drivers under the mentioned Municipal Directors for nine months from January 2021 to September 2021.
In this regard MDH now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to fill the following available vacancies below…. .
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To ensure that the motorcycle is in good condition at all times
• To drive carefully at all times and ensure his personal safety and that of the motorcycle
• To collect specimen from health facilities to the lab and test results from the lab to facilities
• To assist distributing tools, supplies and equipment to health facilities/ required destination
• To carry out periodic motorcycle checks to determine and report maintenance needs timely.
• To indicate up to date the motorcycle fuel and service costs records and ensure all required motorcycle reports are done accurately and submitted timely.
• To perform any other duties assigned by supervisor/ transport officer/ site manager
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A minimum of Secondary School Education, with good passes in English and Kiswahili
• Proficiency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili is essential
• Driving Certificate from a recognized institution, VETA Certificate is an added advantage
• Valid driving license of classes, ‘A’. License class ‘B’ is an added advantage
• At least three (3) years of experience in driving with public or private sector
• Ability to ride a motorcycle
• Honest, Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality.
• Proven good record of integrity, innovativeness, hardworking and self confidence
• Ability to record and keep trip information as trained
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Ability and willingness to work for long hours even outside working hours.
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to abrupt changes in Project needs at short notices
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates must be Tanzanian citizen; they should submit their application letters, CVs, Certified photocopies of certificates; introduction letters from chairman of the local government and from two referees. Applications should be submitted by 10 January, 2021 to the SHRO, Dar es Salaam Sub-grantee through e-mail [email protected] or drop by hand at MDH HQ, Mikocheni near New Regency Park Hotel.
1. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
2. No Applicant is required to pay any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.