7 Business Development Officers
Jobs at:Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania HIHEA (TZ)
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 07, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa-Tanzania HIHEA (TZ) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) registered in Tanzania since 2016 with a mandate to operate in the country, and part of the Hand in Hand Global Network. Our vision is to empower the society, especially women, through the creation of sustainable enterprises and jobs. HIHEA (TZ) currently leads field operations through two branches, in Moshi and Arusha.
The organization works with marginalized communities in the areas of economic and social empowerment using a participatory approach aimed at helping people fight poverty and vulnerability. The Hand in Hand enterprise and job creation approach is based on a philosophy of self-help, providing training, skills and support to enable people living in poverty, particularly women, to build and sustain independent, market-based, economic activities. This provides for a higher level of income for them and their families, which in turn contributes to greater food security, better education for children, and increased access to healthcare, improved housing, and overall improved livelihoods.
SUMMARY BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS. REF.NO: HTZ BDO-01/2021 (7) POSTS
The position is responsible for implementation of program activities specifically under Hilti Acceleration project within the assigned target areas and communities in compliance with established policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Create general awareness of HiH EA (TZ) operations activities in assigned areas of operation through promotion and outreach.
• Select, identify and recruit potential groups/members in accordance with the established operations policy.
• Mobilize, form and attend group meetings and ensure groups are cohesive and sustainable in line with HiH EA (TZ) requirements.
• Screening and selection of high potential businesses in line with the laid down minimum selection criteria.
• Access and analyse business, identify the obstacles to growth of the business offer viable solutions to overcome challenges affecting the enterprise.
• Ensure collection of member personal information and fully filled registration form (bio data tool).
• Work closely with clients to develop and articulate growth plans that demonstrates impact, growth, and long-term financial sustainability.
• Appraise group/member on level of access to credit and remit the applications to the relevant approval persons/bodies.
• Process and disburse loans and ensure continuous follow-up for timely loan repayment/recovery.
• Prepare and submit daily, monthly, semi-annual and annual reports in a timely manner
• Provide clients with post loan extension services
• Represent HiH EA (TZ) in the designated area, including representation in local development committees; and participate in relevant forums whenever nominated such as government, community and other stakeholder forums.
• Participate and assist in monitoring and evaluation including supporting field activities, provision of data and information, adoption of findings and recommendations, documentation of case studies, experiences and lessons and adoption best practices.
• Create and nurture effective working relationship with stakeholders; beneficiaries, local community, partners, service providers, collaborators, relevant government agencies etc.
• Maintain quality standards and ensure compliance with policy and procedures in implementation of activities in the assigned area.
• Ensure proper documentation and maintain adequate records for all activities through maintenance of proper and effective filling system.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
• Degree or higher qualification in any of the following areas: Community Development, Social Sciences, Agri-business Cooperative, Micro Finance, Marketing, Business Management, Administration, Commerce or related field.
• At least one years’ experience in a related field.
• Strong conceptual and practical understanding of peri-rural development and financing.
• Passion and ability to work with marginalized rural and peri-urban communities.
• Positive attitude and high level of integrity and good team player.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting, financial reporting and budget preparation.
• Good interpersonal, public relations and community mobilization skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships and profitable networks, and work with people of diverse backgrounds at the local community level.
• Computer literate – good knowledge in MS Office applications an added advantage.
• Self-driven, and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Good planning and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and follow instructions.
• Good communication skills and working knowledge of English, Kiswahili.
• Licence and experience to ride a motor bike is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested candidates should forward a cover letter and CV, citing the Position and Reference Number to [email protected] on or before close of business by 17th September,2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted