6 Senior Advisors – Gender and Youth
Jobs at:T-MARC Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
T-MARC Tanzania is a non-profit Tanzanian organization working to improve public health and promote social development. Our socially marketed products and behaviour change communication initiatives address pertinent health issues in family planning and reproductive health, child survival, water and sanitation, nutrition and communicable/non-communicable infections like malaria, HIV/AIDS, and cervical cancer.
The USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV/TB Southern (C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program) is a five year project (November 2021 to September 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children.
The C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
The C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program is managed by Deloitte Consulting Ltd in partnership with Management and Development for Health (MDH) and T-MARC Tanzania.
T-MARC is seeking for competent candidates to join C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program team for various positions as shown below.
VACANCY: SENIOR ADVISOR – GENDER AND YOUTH
Position; Senior Advisor – Gender and Youth
Reports to; Gender and Youth Manager
Duty Station: Lindi, Iringa, Njombe, Mtwara, Ruvuma, Morogoro
Working closely C3HP project team, Local government and implementing partners the Gender and Youth senior advisor will provide technical support in the implementation of HIV/TB integration activities with focus on gender and youth to ensure these issues are incorporated in the implementation of community activities. She/he is responsible for the overall supervision and directing the technical component of the project ensuring Gender and Youth is effectively executed in-line with programs expected results.
The candidate for this position must have an experience working in Tanzania in implementing social and behaviour change activities focusing on gender and youth HIV/AIDS and TB activities. This position requires the ability to work with multiple teams in the field thus requiring a creative and strategic thinker comfortable working in an environment with multiple competing priorities. This position will require country travel up to 60%.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
• Support the development of workplans including annual works plans and budgets
• Ensure the participation of key gender and youth partners such as government, implementing partners and civil societies in the project activities.
• support the routine monitoring and supervision of activities timely and feedback to the project to inform decisions.
• Support the development of SBCC approaches, materials and tools relying on innovative and agile methodologies.
• Participate and contribute to the regional level gender and youth activities with key stakeholders such as collaborative meetings, technical meeting meetings and national working groups.
• Work with the project team in coordinating and facilitation trainings
• Ensure that gender and youth materials such as job aids, training materials are available and CHWs are oriented.
• Contribute to documenting experiences, preparing reports, presentations, briefs and articles for publication.
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• Contribute to timely and appropriate reporting.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• Degree in public health, Health communications, Sociology, or related field
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating SBCC interventions, including a focus on HIV/AIDS, TB, gender, and youth.
• Experience and ability to design of community based SBCC Interventions.
• Familiarity with principles and approaches in community mobilization and understanding of HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
• Exceptional interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams and with technical and administrative staff and consultants
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications must be received by 26th December 2021. The subject line must mention the position and preferred region.
Send resume/CV, certificates and cover letter as ONE PDF document to.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
T-MARC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.