6 DREAMS Champions Kagera Subgrantee
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Ngara, Rubya, Misenyi, Karagwe, Bukoba, Muleba, Kyerwa and Biharamulo District Councils; Biharamulo DDH, Ndolage, ST. Mary’s Isingiro, Izimbya, Kagondo, Mugana, Rulenga and Bukoba Hospitals together with Bukoba Municipal Councils invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Job Title: DREAMS Champion (6 Posts)
Location: Muleba District Council
Reports to: Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conducting health education on the importance of DREAMS, Screening of AGYW, Recruitments to adolescents’ girls and young women.
• Providing ongoing counselling and testing while maintaining confidentiality to DREAMS members. Also, to provide psycho social support and assist with linkage to referral services.
• Ensuring proper documentation of DREAMS tools.
• Providing all required services to DREAMS members such as family planning, HTS, CTC, GBV and PMTCT during monthly meeting and daily session.
• Monitoring the quality of test kits by the use of suitable control materials/samples from laboratory department.
• Submitting accurate and timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly HIV/AIDS reports to DMO’s Office.
• Working with the team members to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
• Ensuring adherence to national HIV management guidelines during DREAMS service provision.
• Creative and innovative to income generation for DREAMS members.
• Supervising DREAMS AMBASSADORS in carrying daily implementation.
• Assisting referral process of DREAMS Adolescents clients from community to facility and within facility departments.
• Carrying out any other duties that may be required by MDH DREAMS Officer, DMO, DACC, Facility in charge and CTC in charge.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
• Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
• Must have a valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
• At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS programs
• Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
• Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 20th December, 2021 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail [email protected] .
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.