6 Advisors – SBCC
Jobs at:T-MARC Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
26 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
T-MARC Tanzania is a non-profit Tanzanian organization working to improve public health and promote social development. Our socially marketed products and behaviour change communication initiatives address pertinent health issues in family planning and reproductive health, child survival, water and sanitation, nutrition and communicable/non-communicable infections like malaria, HIV/AIDS, and cervical cancer.
The USAID/Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program HIV/TB Southern (C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program) is a five year project (November 2021 to September 2026) funded by the American People through USAID aiming at supporting the Government of Tanzania’s (GOT) Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and the President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) at the central level and in target Mainland regions to deliver high quality integrated HIV and TB prevention care and treatment services that will improve health outcomes, particularly for youth and children.
The C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program intends to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated HIV and Tuberculosis services in Iringa, Lindi, Morogoro, Mtwara, Njombe, and Ruvuma regions by improving access to quality services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for HIV & TB service delivery.
The C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program is managed by Deloitte Consulting Ltd in partnership with Management and Development for Health (MDH) and T-MARC Tanzania.
T-MARC is seeking for competent candidates to join C3HP HIV&TB Southern Program team for various positions as shown below.
VACANCY: ADVISOR – SBCC
Position: – Advisor – SBCC
Reports to: SBCC Manager
Duty Station: Iringa, Njombe, Lindi, Ruvuma, Morogoro and Mtwara
The advisor for Social and Behaviour Change Communication will contribute to social, and behaviour change programming across multiple C3HP initiatives.
Working closely C3HP project team, Local government and implementing partners the SBCC advisor will provide technical support in the implementation of HIV/TB integration activities to ensure these SBCC elements are incorporated in the implementation of community activities such as IPC and Small group sessions. The advisor will have experience developing tools and approaches in different cultural settings and designing linguistically appropriate interventions.
Specific Roles & Responsibilities
• Support the development of SBCC approaches, materials and tools relying on innovative and agile methodologies.
• Support implementation of community activities in collaboration with key government partners, CSOs and other implementation partners.
• Represent the project in the meetings and workshops at regional and district level in such as coordination meetings, technical meeting, and regional SBCC working groups.
• Identify and work with implementing partners, NGOs, CBOs, communities, etc. to produce or adapt related job aids or promotional materials related to HIV/AIDS and TB programming.
• Contribute to documenting experiences, preparing reports, presentations, briefs and articles for publication.
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, resource availability and management activities function smoothly and efficiently.
• Contribute to timely and appropriate reporting.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in designing, implementing, and evaluating SBCC interventions, including a focus on gender and youth.
• Experience and ability to design of community based SBCC Interventions.
• Familiarity with principles and approaches in community mobilization and understanding of HIV/AIDS and TB programs.
• Strong communicator exceptional interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams and with technical and administrative staff and consultants.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All applications must be received by 26th December 2021. The subject line must mention the position and preferred region.
Send resume/CV, certificates and cover letter as ONE PDF document to.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
T-MARC is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.