5 Retention Services Assistants
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
5 Retention Services Assistants
Location: Muheza Office (1), Korogwe Office (1), Handeni Office (1), Maswa Office (1) Meatu Office (1)
Reports to: Retention Services Officer
The focus of Retention and tracking Assistant is to strengthen referral and linkage from testing services to enrollment, retention in care and adherence to ART in the first 12 months in respective region and districts with frequent technical advice and guidance from the Project Community Servicers Advisor. .
• Assist the retention and tracking officer in strengthening linkage and retention to HIV care, through use of the Trained CHWs expert patients/peer navigators to physically escort newly diagnosed PLHIV to the CTC.
• Strengthen bidirectional referrals from community HIV testing services and follow up of partners of index clients at the facility.
• Strengthen Linkage and retention of clients in treatment including identification and operationalization of community-based ART delivery models that are flexible and responsive to the needs of PLHIV (using CHW and stable clients).
• Support adherence and improve community support groups to support PLHIVs adherence to ART and TB medication
• Provide linkage of PLHIV to the economic strengthening and life skills training
• Assist the Community Services advisor in the implementation of community programs specifically on engagement of community health workers on tracing of defaulters to minimize the loss to follow up of pre- ART and ART clients through improving evidence linkages between health facilities and community.
• Responsible with achievement of agreed targets and outputs of HIV care and support at community and Facility level
• Collaborate with CHMTs to identify training and supportive supervision needs for community health workers and organize basic and refresher trainings using currently recommended national curriculums
• Work with M&E on program monitoring, reporting, evaluation and documentation on weekly, monthly and quarterly bases using existing National/PEPFAR reporting tools
• Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education: Diploma in Nursing/Clinical Officer/Social Sciences, A Bachelor degree in the relevant health-related field in an added advantage.
• Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
• At least 2 years of “hands on experience” in Facility or community-based program particularly HIV programs in an NGO which is active in health development.
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.