5 Regional Demand Creation Officers
Jobs at:Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Mbeya , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
5 Regional Demand Creation Officers
Position Reports To: VMMC Officer
Location: Ruvuma, Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi
The Demand Creation Officer will assist the HJFMRI VMMC Officers in respective regions. The Demand creationl Officer’s primary role is to develop and oversee VMMC demand creation strategies in the respective regions. The position holder will work closely with Regions and councils focal persons who supervise Peer Educators/Voluntary community Mobilizers (VCMs) and coordinate with other Community Agents of Change including overall planning, coordination and monitoring of all VMMC demand creation activities in the region. The Demand Creation Officer. will work with the VMMC officer and Region or Councils VMMC focal persons to develop and maintain relationships with existing community networks, private sector and CSOs to develop networks of community based demand creation strategies. The position holder will also take the lead in proposing innovations to the VMMC program to make it more effective in building local capacity for self-sustaining advocacy initiatives. .
• Coordinate with VMMC Officers to access adequate and timely on-the-job training and on-going technical assistance to ensure to Peer Educators, Voluntary Community Mobilizers and partners/CSOs so that they are able to perform demand creation effectively to achieve relevant objectives and targets.
• Contribute to development of training curricula and course outlines, planning logistics of trainings and facilitating training sessions and on-the-job trainings of PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilizers and other community based cadres that are involved in VMMC demand creation.
• Work collaboratively with Regions and councils demand creation leads, PEs , Volunteer Community Mobilizers, CSOs and other community networks to develop sustainable demand creation and advocacy strategies and local capacity for sustainability linked to VMMC and EIMC static sites.
• Support the HJFMRI Demand Creation and Advocacy teams to design, plan, execute and evaluate sustainable demand creation and advocacy initiatives focused on uptake of EIMC and VMMC services led by PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilizers and existing self-sustaining local agencies.
• Conduct regular supportive supervisions of PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilzers, to ensure compliance and monitor progress towards meeting objectives working closely with VMMC Officers of respective regions.
• Prepare a monthly report of key issues on the PEs, Volunteer Community Mobilizers (VCM) program and in consultation with VMMC Officers/regional/council demand creation focal persons suggest concrete actions to improve the demand creation program in the subsequent month.
• Contribute to the annual work plan and other reprogramming initiatives in the course of the year by identifying new demand creation initiatives suited to existing local resources and recommend community strategies for program expansion and sustainability.
• Establish and maintain strategic relationships with VMMC health providers, Civil Society Organizations, the private sector, sub-district Local Government Authority officials, other relevant local agencies that PEs and Volunteer Community Mobilizers work with and influential persons in catchment areas.
• Attend select stakeholders meetings as a representative of HJFMRI-T to advocate for and provide technical assistance for sustainable demand creation activities.
• Support program implementation of VMMC and EIMC in other regions, as required.
• Link in with other HJFMRI programs operating in respective region to ensure the full strength of HJFMRI’s contribution in the region is well represented.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor’s Degree in community development, communication, public health, sociology or other relevant field.
• At least 3 years’ experience implementing social and behavior change communication or demand creation interventions, particularly in HIV prevention. Experience with VMMC or EIMC promotion would be an advantage.
• At least 1 years’ experience managing social and behavior change communication or demand creation interventions, including supervision of peer educators, community resource peoples and implementing partners.
• Demonstrated experience working with Local Government and maintaining good relations with Local Government at district and sub-district levels.
• Experience with capacity-building of Local Government teams to sustain programs would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience building capacity of individuals and or organizations.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in Kiswahili and English.
• Demonstrated self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
• Basic computer skills (word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail, Internet).
• Willingness to live in the mentioned regions.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% time.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or
sent through e-mail to [email protected]
To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.