49 Nurse Counsellors Dar Es Salaam Subgrantee
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Dar es Salaam City Council; Temeke, Kinondoni, Kigamboni and Ubungo Municipal Councils Together with Amana, Mwananyamala and Temeke Regional Referral Hospitals invites suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Job Title: Nurse Counsellor (49 Posts)
Location: Temeke RRHs, Dar es Salaam City Council, Kigamboni, Kinondoni, Temeke and Ubungo Municipal Councils
Reports to: Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Counseling patients with regard to HIV diagnosis, management of medications, adherence to clinic visits, psychosocial issues, and basic health self-care.
• Counseling and educating family members and care givers to promote secondary prevention of HIV infection, to improve the care of patients with HIV, and to strengthen social support networks of patients.
• Educating patients in all aspects of HIV disease, treatment management, prevention as well as basic health lifestyles.
• Ensuring that patients receive appropriate clinical care during a clinic visit, including scheduled or unscheduled physician examination and laboratory test.
• Adhering to nursing ethics as punctuality and cleanliness etc.
• Accurate and complete documentation of patient information and patient encounters in the patient medical record.
• Assisting patients to connect with other resources through the referral network.
• Assisting the physician in the provision of clinical care for patients.
• Performing any other duty as assigned by the nurse supervisor, site manager and OPD nurse officer in-charge.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
• At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services
• Must have a valid license of practice.
• Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication.
• Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, Power point and internet.
• Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work under pressure and stringent deadlines.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 20th December, 2021 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail [email protected] .
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.