4 Zonal Strategic Information Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions, Tuberculosis and Family Planning Activity in Kigoma, Rukwa, Songwe and Katavi regions, and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72062120CA00005 – USAID Police and Prison Activity, aimed at ensuring Health status of Tanzanians are improved through provision of appropriate interventions and sustainable delivery of health services to Police and Prison staffs, their families, and surrounding communities. The Activity will be implemented across 26 regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below .
Job Title: Zonal Strategic Information Officer (4 Positions)
Reports to: Zonal Technical Coordinator
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mwanza and Kilimanjaro
Overall Job Summary:
Zonal Strategic Information Officer (ZSIO) will provide technical support in implementing high-standard paper-based and electronic -based health facility record keeping systems for HIV and TB related services. ZSIO will also provide technical support on patient record on HIV testing services (HTS), HIV care and treatment, PMTCT services, TB services, and Pharmacy in USAID Police and prisons supported Health facilities within the zone. He/she will provide technical support in data management for public health evaluations as needed, and work with zonal technical to document HIV and TB clients’ retention and treatment outcome. S/he will triangulate, review accuracy and consistency of data across different data sources.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Lead in maintaining and updating zonal databases for HTS module, HIV care and treatment, Pharmacy module, PMTCT, TB and HIV, EID and other databases as assigned
• Provide technical support to DOT nurses and facility staffs on TB services data recording and reporting including TB registers, ETL data base, and DHIS2
• Cross check documentation of all HIV and TB registers, including HIV index testing services cascade, PMTCT_EID testing final outcome and update registers accordingly for PEPFAR reporting
• Assist to provide technical assistance in data management to health care workers in supported facilities in collaboration with HQ SI staff
• Oversee implementation and evaluation of monitoring tools and data management in HIV and TB
• Perform data triangulation to ensure accuracy and consistency of CTC2 cards, CTC2 Database; HIV viral load (HVL) TB 03 register, and ETL database to identify errors and under-reporting, and correct them accordingly. Ensure that DQA for HIV and TB services is carried out quarterly according to DQA SOP’s and that recommendations following the site DQA visit are implemented
• Ensure compliance to policies for data quality assurance and reporting requirements for HIV and TB services
• Train and supervise health facility Data Officers to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports
• Collaborate with other team members to prepare weekly monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported HIV and TB program areas
• Develop and respond to queries related to data analysis of HIV and TB program areas
• Supervise Data Officers in all supported USAID Police and Prisons health facilities within the zone.
• To perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required
: • Bachelor’s degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related discipline. Advanced skills in computer programming and analytical software an advantage
• A background in nursing, health science or a related discipline are an advantage
• 3+ years relevant experience with MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance.
• Strong supervisory and management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Fluent in English & Kiswahili
• Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages’ maximum to [email protected] by (10th November 2020) with a subject line of ‘USAID Police and Prisons Activity’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.