4 Program Drivers
Deadline of this Job:
29 March 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About HJFMRI Tanzania Program
The Walter Reed Program Tanzania (WRP-T) is a collaborative effort that supports PEPFAR-funded HIV prevention and treatment activities in the Southern Highlands and within the Tanzania People’s Defense Forces (TPDF). HJF Medical Research International, Inc Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is a local non- profit that has supported these efforts since 2004 for the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR). PEPFAR activities are conducted in close collaboration with the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; and the President’s Office of the Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), through the Regional and Council Health Management Teams.
HJFMRI-T provides care and treatment to people affected by HIV/AIDS, and has been actively involved in HIV and AIDS programming, providing resources, personnel, and services to the Southern Highlands Zone. The program has expanded from supporting the Mbeya Zonal Referral Hospital to becoming a hub for anti-retroviral treatment in the zone; to community support through decentralized services, with the overall objective of implementing research, clinical HIV, prevention, care, and treatment services. HJFMRI-T currently focuses specifically on four regions in the Southern Highlands zone, namely Mbeya, Rukwa, Katavi, Songwe and Ruvuma for VMMC services only. The program also supports TPDF to implement comprehensive HIV prevention care and treatment program in 21 sites throughout the country.
This position will provide logistical support to HJFMRI program activities in five regions of the Southern Highlands namely Ruvuma, Mbeya, Rukwa, Songwe and Katavi and also for the Dar es salaam office. In order to achieve Program objectives, Procurement and Logistics Department has been effectively managing the movement of staff and HJFMRI-T properties to different locations as per program requirements. The drivers are expected to provide effective logistic service while ensuring they also utilize resources (program vehicles) effectively. .
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To be responsible for the HJFMRI vehicle driven and for the safety of passengers and to ensure that the vehicles are kept secure at all times.
• Ensure that safety belts fitted in the vehicle are maintained in working order and used by passengers.
• Drive HJFMRI’s vehicles in accordance with government legislation, organizational policy and security guidelines.
• Ensure that HJFMRI’s vehicles are clean and well maintained, to carry out basic daily checks gauge, tires, pressure and others prior to departure and after parking.
• Ensure that spares, tools, and first aid kits are carried; fuel and water is maintained as required.
• Ensure that only passengers with approved Travel Logistics are in the vehicles.
• Make a written report to the supervisor any accident or any incident involving HJFMRI vehicles
• Ensure the vehicle Log Book is properly maintained and filled appropriately
• Attend some basic logistics and clerical assignments as may be tasked by the supervisor
• May be required to work on overtime basis to facilitate program transport assignment on an urgent basis during weekends or holidays;
• Respect and maintain the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of securityaccess to offices, homes, and properties of company personnel without supervision.
• Report on duty timely and sometimes earlier than normal work hours when required to facilitate transport needs;
• Ensure Monthly fuel consumption reports and mileage accounting for office is made available and shared on monthly basis.
• Ensure motor vehicle routine Services are made after every 5,000 kilometers and report any emergency breakdown soon after its occurrence.
• Undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
• Willingness and ability to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage their own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Be flexible enough to support more than one team and at any time when required
• Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
• Form IV with Advanced Driving Certificate from VETA .Tanzania National Institute of Transport or any reputable driving school (college).
• Holder of a certificate of secondary education examination (form four certificate).
• Have a valid class C driving license.
• Sound previous driving experience of two years and above, working in NGOs (Programs or projects)
• Motor vehicle servicing and maintenance skills, including four wheels drive vehicles.
• Good written and spoken English and Kiswahili
• Commitment to teamwork, initiative and flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
How to Apply
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the Sr. Manager, P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya, or sent through e-mail to [email protected] .
The deadline for submitting the application is March 29, 2021. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements, as detailed in the job description below, will not be considered.