4 Male Circumcision Logistic Assistants
Jobs at:Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Mbeya , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
4 Male Circumcision Logistic Assistants
Reports to: Regional Technical Coordinator and Regional AIDS Control Coordinator
Location: Mbeya, Ruvuma, Rukwa and Songwe
Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International Tanzania (HJFMRI-T) is supporting Southern Highlands Regions (Ruvuma, Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa and Katavi) to implement Voluntary Medical male circumcision program for HIV prevention. HJFMRI is looking for candidates to fill the positions of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Logistics Assistants to be based in Ruvuma, Songwe and Rukwa.
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Logistic Assistant will provide programmatic field support to the implementation of VMMC campaigns, outreaches, routine services and mobile services in SHLs The purpose is to provide field based programmatic support to the RHMTs, CHMTs and facilities in the implementation of quality VMMC services provided through static sites, outreach and campaign services. She/he will ensure VMMC activities implementation conforms to the national guidelines. She/he will be a link between HJFMRI, RHMTs and CHMTs in his/her respective region and also actively participate in the joint implementation of work plans based on the existing Q4 strategies and operation plans.
The VMMC Logistic Assistant will be part of a field l team representing HJFMRI ensuring the implementation of Q4 strategic and operational plans. She/he will directly report to Regional Technical Coordinator and RACC. The VMMC Logistic Assistant position is based in Ruvuma, Rukwa and Songwe with extensive travels to the councils where VMMC services are provided through different service delivery models. .
Duties and responsibilities
: • Provide field support, and supervision to VMMC services and ensuring organization, coordination and quality of services.
• Ensure VMMC services follows: WHO, PERFAR/ HJFMRI and Government of Tanzania protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices
• Contribute to the attainment of all project targets and milestones associated with the implementation of VMMC services.
• Update HJFMRI staff (RTC, VMMC officers, VMMC Advisor), RHMTs and CHMTs on any Adverse events and Social harm events related to VMMC program.
• Prepare reports, success stories, technical briefs, draft abstracts for presentations, and updates on the ongoing implementation of VMMC services.
• Collaborate with RHMTs and CHMTs to organize outreach and VMMC campaigns in the regions and councils.
• Help the regions and councils in projecting the resources needed for VMMC program implementation.
• Monitor, document and report HJFMRI resources used in VMMC program implementation.
• Build capacity of health-care providers and Peer educators to ensure they collect, compile and report quality VMMC data, including the use of data for quality improvement.
• Jointly develop and implement Regional and councils specific strategies to ensure linkages between HJFMRI, Regions, councils, facility and the community.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the sound functioning of the program.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Certificate or diploma or Degree in social sciences or health related field with at least two years of VMMC program experience in Tanzania.
• Minimum three years’ experience working in VMMC or HIV/AIDS programs desired.
• Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
• Working with local government officials, government health facilities and Health care workers is important.
• Experience with VMMC as an HIV prevention intervention an added advantage.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
• Experience with U.S. Government-funded programs is desirable.
• Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, e-mail, Internet)
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or
sent through e-mail to [email protected]
To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.