4 HIV Prevention Services Assistants
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
4 HIV Prevention Services Assistant
Location: Tanga Office (1), Korogwe Office (1), Bariadi Office (1), Maswa Office (1)
Reports to: HIV Testing (HTS) Officer
The incumbent will ensure that all facility-based HIV Prevention activities including Cervical cancer screening and treatment to all women living with HIV, Gender Based Violence, KP MAT services and PreP are implemented at the acceptable service delivery standards in the specific districts and supported facilities. S/he will engage and work closely with providers at the facility setting and communities .
• To assist in the development of annual work plans for the implementation of HIV prevention strategies
• To ensure the HIV prevention activities are offered at all service points (OPD, RCH, CTC,and Methadone Assisted Therapy Unit) at project supported health facilities
• To strengthen sites capacity in implementing cervical cancer screening and treatment including referral to higher centers among all PLHIV women, as per National guidelines.
• Ensure adequate supplies of commodities (cervical cancer screening, methadone Assisted Therapy utensils kits, Prep supplies) and other materials including tools and relevant SOP’s at the project supported sites
• To liaise with other project staff to ensure successful referral and proper management of all Gender Based Violence cases both at the community and Health Facilities.
• Integrate post-GBV and VAC services within the existing care and treatment services in all supported facilities include PEP, STI screening and treatment, basic psycho-social assessment and counseling, care and support, collection of forensic evidence, and referral to the police or legal systems and to other community services for GBV/VAC survivors.
• Support project supported sites in implementation of strategies to identify People Who Injects Drug (PWID) from the community for enrolment into CSO and MAT Clinic.
• Support sites in achieving Prevention indicators (GBV, Cervical Cancer screening, KP MAT, and PrEP targets by conducting weekly review meetings to assess performances with development of action plans
• Support Other program area’s staff to achieve the project objectives as required
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education: Diploma in Nursing/Clinical Officer/Social Sciences, A Bachelor degree in the relevant health-related field is an added advantage
• Medical or nursing professional background with public or community health skills as an added advantage
• At least two years’ experience in implementing HIV program.
• Training in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment.
• Basic skills in Microsoft Office packages for report writing and presentation
• Relevant interpersonal skills; ability to work with others, develop and maintain good work relationships
• Good command of English and Swahili language.
• Experience with Gender Based Violence services will be an added advantage.
• Experience working with PEPFAR Funded Project.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.