4 Community Linkage and Retention Program Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions, Tuberculosis and Family Planning Activity in Kigoma, Rukwa, Songwe and Katavi regions, and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72062120CA00005 – USAID Police and Prison Activity, aimed at ensuring Health status of Tanzanians are improved through provision of appropriate interventions and sustainable delivery of health services to Police and Prison staffs, their families, and surrounding communities. The Activity will be implemented across 26 regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar.THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below .
Job Title: Community Linkage and Retention Program Officers (4 positions)
Reports to: Zonal Technical Coordinator
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Mwanza, and Kilimanjaro
Overall Job Summary
The Community Linkage and Retention Program Officer ensures effective implementation in the areas of HIV and TB program linkages, community-based care, and adherence support for the USAID Police and Prison Activity in the respective zone. THPS aim to reduce new HIV infections and retain clients on ART through targeted HIV testing services and partner notification, linkage to treatment and prevention services, and support for adherence and viral suppression. As for TB the goal is to retain TB diagnosed clients in treatment and facilitate identification and tracing of contacts of TB index cases on treatment. She/he will be responsible for field implementation, coordination and reporting linkage and retention activities, including patient tracking, net loss follow-up, and health facility-community linkages.
Roles and responsibilities :
• Coordinate implementation of proven, innovative strategies and intervention to improve linkage and ART retention services at facility level.
• Work with DOT nurses to coordinate improved adherence to TB treatment among TB cases, facilitate nutritional support where needed; and coordinate tracing of contacts of TB index case.
• Liaise with THPS zonal, R/CHMT and facility staff to support implementation of patient tracking, SMS reminder, promise-to-come and SDM- in line with national guidelines
• Support effective referral between facility and facility with community to ensure smooth PLHIV and TB client’s referral across sites to improve retention
• Conduct Supportive Supervision, identify knowledge gap for mentorship to ensure high quality of linkage services and retention to ART/TB treatment for PLHIV and TB cases are effectively implemented across all THPS supported sites.
• Offer Technical Assistance to respective R/CHMT and facility staff to plan, implement, Monitor and report Community – Facility linkage and retention for ART and TB treatment services
• Collaborate with Zonal SI officer to support timely collection and submission of linkage to ART and TB services, Retention to ART and TB treatment, tracking outcome for both MISSAP and TB defaulters and other relevant data.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required
; • Degree in Social Sciences or Nursing
• Postgraduate training in Public or Community Development will be added advantage
• Strong experience and understanding of integrated linkage and ART and/or TB retention programs including HIV prevention, care and treatment services
• Strong understanding of engaging with facility and community stakeholders, and experience in strategy development and planning
• Demonstrated experience providing capacity building assistance at individual and organizational levels
• Experience of implementing Community-Based Programs • Good communication skills; diplomatic and culturally sensitive; ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Excellent command of Swahili and English languages, in written and oral communication
• Experience in basic computer applications such as MS Word, Excel and Power point.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one-page maximum and CV four pages’ maximum to [email protected] by (10th November 2020) with a subject line of ‘USAID Police and Prisons Activity’. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.