4 Clinical/ART Services Officers
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
4 Clinical/ART Services Officers
Location: Handeni Office (1), Bariadi Office (1), Maswa Office (1), Meatu Office (1)
Reports to: Regional Project Manager (Tanga and Simiyu respectively)
The incumbent will support delivery of comprehensive and quality HIV care and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals for the HIV epidemic control. S/He will be responsible to integrate and deliver all the treatment cascade portfolio to ensure a continuum of care and scaled up service delivery. S/He will collaborate with health facility teams to oversee the work of HIV/AIDS Clinical Services towards reaching the set targets. .
• Support provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment service and technical assistance to the supported facilities.
• Ensures effective execution of clinical cascade from the linked HIV Identified cases to facilitating their viral load suppression according to national guidelines.
• Coordinate and supervise health facility HIV/AIDS clinical services in supported districts to accomplish their expected scopes of work and provided targets
• Provide technical support to health care providers, and collaborate with CHMTs and Regional teams on implementation of the SDM; same day ART initiation, MMS, Community ART and other models according to the National Guidelines
• Participate in training, mentorship, supportive supervision and clinical guidance to health care providers as needed
• Make use of training materials/curriculum, SOPs and Job Aids useful to the providers according to the National guidelines and policies
• Participate in meetings/events relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the Ministry of Health guidelines and PEPFAR policies
• Collaborate with all other project staff in the related program areas as would be needed
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A degree in medicine or nursing or advance diploma in clinical services. A Master degree in public health or any health related field is an added advantage
• Proven experience and competence in managing patients on ART in Tanzania context
• Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
• At least 3 years of “hands on experience” in HIV prevention, care and treatment program in resource limited country
• Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.