4 Adolescent Care Group Supervisor
Jobs at:World Vision Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
05 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Care group Supervisor with the directives from the city Coordinator collaborate with other project staff to carry on the project activities and supervises the promoters by modelling the structed messages developed through Nurturing care group (NCG) and coach them to model the messages to the lead adolescents(volunteers) he or she help the city level leaders to manage key activities and deliverables in support to project management desired outcomes and outputs at city level through systematic joint planning, implementation and reporting of activities within the project annual work plan. He or she will ensure activities are planned and delivered within the agreed project scope and budget and will coordinate, link and engage with government and partners in consultation with the project manager to ensure all aspects of the project are compatible with donor, government and organizational standards.
• Strategic Implementation
• Coordinates with project partners, project staff, government ministry staff and other stakeholders regarding upcoming activities and needs at the community and provincial levels.
• Responsible for the performance and development of the NCG Promoters who report to him/her.
• Supervise the promoters while teaching care group volunteers.
• Review the Promoter's Registers of Care Group Volunteers and Neighbor Adolescents (once per quarter)
• Review Flipchart Lesson Plans with NCG Promoters every two weeks and assure they understand the information well and can teach back the information in a participatory manner.
• Model good facilitation and supportive supervision techniques.
• Model the new positive behaviours they are teaching to NCG Promoters in their own homes and while in the community.
• Lessons timely delivered to the lead adolescent QIVC timely filled50%
• Program Compliance of Reports, Plan and Stewardship of Resources.
• Collect NCG Promoter reports on a monthly basis, review the reports and assure the information presented is reasonable and complete.
• Ensure Promoter’s registers are properly filled
• Prepare a monthly report using the information provided by NCG Promoters.
• Observation of the Promoter's Equipment (transport, scale, storage area, other materials)
• Maintain a filing system in the project office (or on a computer) so copies of NCG Promoter Reports, and QIVCs are easily accessible.
• Responsible to supervise each NCG Promoter who reports to him or her in the field at least twice a month, using QIVCs and completing all sections of the NCG Promoter Supervision Checklist every quarter.
• Attend training and coordination meetings at the district/Area Program/cluster office, providing verbal and written reports of activities completed.
• Review of Visit to Community Leaders or Participate in a Community Leadership Meeting and Interview the Leaders
• Responsible to liaison with the appropriate people in a timely and professional manner to ensure the financial, logistical and procurement issues required to implement project activities.
• NCG register are properly filled Reports are timely compiled 80% attendance by Adolescent
Knowledge/Qualifications for the role
• Required Professional Experience
• Experience in working with adolescent
• Familiarity with the community in which the project is working (Dar es Salaam and/or Dodoma).
• Ability to speak both English and Swahili
• Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
• Bachelor degree in the field of social science such as sociology, social work, education, community development etc.
• Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
• Master’s in public health will be added advantage
• Travel and/or Work Environment
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 60% of the time and occasionally internationally.
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
• Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
• Physical Requirements
• The position is based in Dar es Salaam or Dodoma
• Language Requirements
• Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili language
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://careers.wvi.org/downloadjobdetails/18440