Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute (IHI
Deadline of this Job:
09 April 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, March 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for thirty (30) qualified and experienced Nurses to join the big cluster randomized clinical trial of Broad One Health Endectocide-based Malaria Interventions in Africa (BOHEMIA). The Nurses will be required to perform passive surveillance at the health facility/MDA activities evaluation of the impact of the repeated ivermectin MDA on vector populations and their transmission activities in Rufiji and Kibiti districts. Additionally, they will be required to visit the assigned health facilities and work closely with MTUHA, the OPDs/IPDs/ and laboratories for data collection; daily entry of malaria cases, and administer informed consent form (ICFs), including counselling for women of reproductive age before urinary pregnancy tests (UPT) at the facility. The nurses are expected to have knowledge and skills in passive surveillance activities and will be required to attend refresher courses of the study before commencing of activities. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Daily visit to the assigned health facilities to collect data.
• Daily review of MTUHA at the OPD/IPD/Laboratory for data collection.
• Daily entry of malaria cases at the facility.
• Administer informed consent form (ICFs), including counselling for women of reproductive age before urinary pregnancy tests (UPT).
• Administer questionnaire/case report forms (CRFs) for Mass Drug Administration (MDA).
• Screening of the study participants as instructed in the protocol.
• Malaria testing using the RDT.
• Inspect the skin to look for skin conditions, checking of vitals/anthropometric measurements
• Administer study drugs.
• Collect the adverse events (AE)/serious adverse events (SAE).
• Adhere to the study SOPs, Protocol and GCP.
• Save and send data daily to the saver.
• Proper handling of the tablets, bicycles, backpacks and other field tools.
• Conduct household visits or make phone calls to follow up on study participants.
• Daily report to the supervisor for updates.
• Attend study meetings as scheduled by the team.
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
• Leadership skills.
• Ability to work in a research team.
• Ability to achieve set goals.
• Ability to motivate team members at health facilities.
• Good oral communication in English and Swahili languages.
• Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
Qualification and Experience
• Diploma or Certificate in Nursing, must be registered.
• Experience in clinical services at the dispensary/health center/hospital/ research project.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters by e-mail together with their detailed CVs showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: Nurse – BOHEMIA. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
Plot 463 Ifakara St. Mikocheni
P. O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam
Email: [email protected]