3 Program Drivers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below. 3 Program Drivers
Reports to: Administration Officer
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Kigoma & Songwe Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Drivers will be responsible for driving project vehicles in the respective regions, to support the implementation of Uhuru activities. He/she will also be accountable to maintain and provide the general maintenance and services for the USAID Uhuru TB and FP Integrated Facility Solutions vehicles .
• Drive THPS program vehicles as directed and providing safe and efficient transportation to the staff and its visitors.
• Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate.
• Drive long distance with or without THPS staff when required and adhere to the rules and regulation.
• Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g. insurance and road license are up to date.
• Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters and tire pressures.
• Keep track of maintenance record of vehicles to ensure that service schedule is adhered to and to remind the employer in advance when vehicle (s) service is due.
• Provide information and other general assistance to the organization staff and its visitors.
• Maintain record of work performed; Fills up all necessary forms, makes timely reports of accidents, incidents and unusual occurrences.
• Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident. • Abide to all THPS rules and regulations.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• At least form four with a valid driving license class D or above.
• Minimum of three in filed based activities driving experience.
• Ability to manage time and routes for streamlined program activities.
• Work well independently, open and transparent communication.
• Must have a clean driving record.
• Must be focused, confident and observant.
• Must have computer literacy.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ( [email protected] ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.