3 Nurse Midwifes
Jobs at:Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
04 February 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to MTI obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and new-born caring standards and under the supervision of a specialist doctor, to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications. .
• Provide comprehensive maternal and child services to mothers during and after pregnancy, including managing complications and referring high risk pregnancies.
• Responsible for delivering babies, preparing birth attestation and monitoring the general health condition of the mother and the new-born.
• Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
• Provide counselling to mothers on pregnancy and post-pregnancy management, including proper breastfeeding techniques, bathing and preparation of bottles.
• Participate in PHC activities including health education, family planning, preparing for childbirth, HCT services and nutrition programs, as well as PMTCT activities at the health facility and within the community.
• Provide primary care to women of reproductive age in accordance with the Basic Package of Health Services.
• Provide all non-surgical methods of family planning and provide counselling for surgical methods.
• Ensure babies are immunized according to schedule.
• Support Clinicians in the management of sexual violence cases.
• Monitor the consumption of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities and notify supervisor of re-stocking needs.
• Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
• Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria, including universal precautions, are met.
• Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Codes of Conduct.
• Ensure data collected is accurate and submit reports according to schedule.
• Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Skills: Not Specified
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Midwifery from an accredited School of Nursing and Midwifery is required.
• Valid practising license is required.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
• 3 years of midwifery experience is required.
• Experience working with international NGOs is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: [email protected]
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Nurse Midwife”.
Application Deadline: 04th of February 2021 at 1700HRS.