3 Laboratory Services Assistants
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
3 Laboratory Services Assistants
Location: Maswa Office (1), Meatu Office (1) Handeni Office (1)
Reports to: Laboratory Service Officer
The Laboratory Assistant’s key role is to strengthen Laboratory Quality Management and provide technical support on implementation of laboratory services at facilities and district levels to improve quality of HIV diagnosis and Viral Load Monitoring to attain the current 95-95-95 of the HIV clinical cascade. .
• Perform initial TB, HIV Viral Load and DBS sample processing, if required, and Store samples to the required temperatures before transportation to the referral testing laboratory.
• Ensure proper documentation of TB, HIV Viral Load and DBS samples into Lab registers, processed and provide data that can be used to monitor quality as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of the sample Referral System (Recording samples rejected Vs Recollected for VL, DBS and TB)
• Responsible to ensure completeness and validity of client information and data entry in the electronic sample referral and results feedback system. (Tracking of rejected samples into the system)
• Expedite transportation of TB, HIV Viral Load and DBS results received from testing laboratories to its spokes
• Prepare and submit regular reports of sample referral functions to relevant authority (CHMT, IP) on monthly basis.
• Tracking of commodity status at facility and provide reports to Laboratory Service Officers
• Follows all laboratory procedures including safety guidelines, the use of personal protective equipment and awareness of blood-borne pathogens.
• Demonstrates a cooperative attitude in relationships with co-workers and other personnel.
• Performs other duties as assign within the project
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum Education: Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science, A Bachelor degree is an added advantage.
• At least 2 years of “hands on lab experience” in Facility or community-based program particularly HIV programs in an NGO which is active in health development.
• Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances
• Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
• Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
• Valid laboratory technician license
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.