3 HIV Prevention & Linkages Program Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
3 HIV Prevention & Linkages Program Officers
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position title: HIV Prevention & Linkages Program Officer (3 Positions)
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Location: Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga with field travel of up to 75%
S/He will serve as the program, lead for all activities related to HIV prevention & linkages including community and facility-based HIV testing in the region, linkage to ART, adherence support for clients initiated on ART and PMTCT, psychosocial support for PLHIV including adolescents and children enrolled into care. S/He implement an efficient client centered linkage system between ART facilities and community-based service delivery points. S/He will be providing technical guidance and support to the HIV Prevention & linkages Field Officers, HCPs and any sub grantees (community-based NGOs) implementing HIV Prevention & linkages for general, priority and vulnerable populations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Will serve supervise HIV Prevention & linkages Field
• Support Regional team to ensure that all facility and community identified PLHIV are linked to ART and other relevant services
• Oversee and provide technical support to HCPs, peer educators (PE) and other actors to implement protocols on HIV testing services, prevention &
• Develop and facilitate innovative strategies to reduce treatment interruptions among PLHIV in supported sites.
• Work with HIV prevention & linkages and QI teams to conduct periodic assessment of HIV prevention & linkages standards of care in high volume THPS supported sites.
• Distribution of relevant job aides and materials related to HIV prevention & linkages to HCPs, community-based
• Conduct supportive supervision and mentorship in collaboration with team members to HCPs, PEs, LCs and sub granted NGOs by applying mentorship skills and methods in order to improve quality of services.
• Review District scope of work, reports, plans and performance of the HIV prevention & linkages sub-grantees on quarterly
• Maintain relationship with and support RHMT, CHMTs and sub granted community NGOs in implementing HIV prevention & linkages activities for both facility and community
• Represent THPS in the regional meetings on issues related to HIV prevention &
• Strengthen multi-sectorial collaboration with Regional and District/Council HIV and AIDS Coordinators DACC/(CHACC) and other partners working in the
• Provide technical support in the use of national appointment and tracking systems that include mechanisms for tracking and tracing defaulters in care and treatment.
• Implement innovative approaches to improve appointment adherence, referrals and follow- up of clients in the community and tracing clients with treatment interruptions.
• Work with the clinical teams to establish viremia clinics for unsuppressed
• Participate in development the R/CHMTs HIV annual work
• Review and input all HIV prevention & linkages quarterly, semi – annual and annual progress report prior to submission.
• Prepare periodic technical reports, best practices and monitor progress through weekly and monthly
Qualifications, Experience and Skills required:
• Degree in Social Work, Nursing or equivalent from recognized Post graduate training will be an added advantage.
• At least three years’ experience in working donor funded HIV programs
• Familiarity with National, Regional and district level health care programs in
• Ability to work independently and strong problem-solving skills
• Fluent in English and Swahili with good verbal and written communication
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.