Jobs at:Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Mbeya , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Logistics Manager
This position is established to work with others for the effective delivery and efficient transport services for the program staff and activities as required in favor of HJFMR IT operations.
To assist in the smooth running of the programme by ensuring that HJFMRI vehicles are properly driven and maintained
• Carry out tasks within guidelines laid down by managers / supervisor.
• Tasks are usually routine but will require the use of initiative and/or basic planning.
• Responsible for the proper use of equipment by others.
• May be responsible for supervising one or more support staff, including basic planning of day-to-day work.
• Required to gather and give information to supervisors, managers and occasionally members of the public.
• Impact wider than own team/processes.
• Contributes to improvements in processes .
• To be responsible for the HJFMRI vehicles driven and for the safety of passengers and to ensure that the vehicles are kept secure at all times.
• Ensure that safety belts fitted in the vehicle are maintained in working order and used by passengers.
• Drive HJFMRI's vehicles in accordance with Government Legislation, Organizational policy and security guidelines.
• Record all journeys, service and maintenance information in the vehicle logbook.
• Ensure that HJFMRI's vehicles are clean and well maintained, to carry out basic daily checks
• Ensure that spares, tools, and first aid kits are carried; fuel and water is maintained as required.
• Report any mechanical problems immediately
• Ensure that all personal documents are up-to-date.
• Inform the appropriate staff member when the vehicle documents need renewing
• Ensure that only HJFMRI personnel are passengers in the vehicles. Fill Liability form in case the passenger is non-HFMRI staff.
• Make a written report to the line manager of any accident or incident involving HJFMRI vehicle
• Undertake work related errands on behalf of the office or any staff member approved through your line manager.
• Undertake any other duties as required, in accordance with the job purpose, to ensure efficient operation of the programme.
• Other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
• Log book for the vehicle is properly maintained and filled appropriately
• Work extra/overtime hours as needed according to departmental workload.
• Dress in a fashion that enables the employee to complete the daily tasks, while maintaining a professional and appropriate appearance.
• Ensure private use of office vehicles are monitored and billed accordingly;
• Attend some basic logistics and clerical assignments as may be tasked by a supervisor
• May be required to work on overtime basis to facilitate program transport assignment on an urgent basis during weekends or holidays;
• Respect and maintain the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security access to offices, homes, and properties of company personnel without supervision.
• Required to be report on duty on timely as required and sometimes earlier when required to facilitate transport needs;
• Ensure Oils/fuel level is checked on daily basis. All other gauges, lights, tire pressure are checked and adjusted according to the acceptable standards
• Accurately complete and submit all necessary paperwork, such as daily dispatch sheets, petty cash items, etc.
• Transport employees, Distributors, and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner. This includes departmental training, new employee orientation, shuttle transportation for Distributor training and various activities, shuttle transportation for conventions and conferences, airport runs, etc.
• Be willing and able to perform tasks without direct supervision that may require physical labor, and possibly the use of hand tools. This work may need to be performed both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather.
• Ensure Monthly fuel consumption reports and mileage accounting for office is made available regularly
• Inform appropriately on motor vehicles necessary documents renewals, insurance renewals and others to comply with ethical practice and applicable Tanzanian Traffic rules and regulations as required
• Ensure motor vehicle general Services are fully made after every 5,000 kilometers and The vehicles are maintained clean always and on regular basis;
• Any other duty may assigned
• Ensure all the letter and parcels are collected from the post office
• Assist in the process of visa and work permits, linking with Immigration and civil service departments.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly vehicle reports
• Liaise with the garage on all vehicle maintenance issues
• Coordinate the bill and payments of water rates (DAWASCO)
Qualifications & Experience
• Education to the level of STD VII or Form IV with Advanced Driving Certificate from VETA or National Institute of Transportation;
• Sound previous driving experience of two years and above, driving a range of vehicles
• Valid class "C" driving license
• Motor vehicle servicing and maintenance skills, including four wheels drive vehicles.
• Good written and spoken English and Kiswahili
• Commitment to teamwork, initiative and flexibility and willingness to work outside normal working hours.
• A team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
• A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines
• Be able to work in a multicultural environment.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Cover letters and resumes should be sent by mail through post/EMS/DHL/ or any reliable Courier to the
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
P.O. Box 6396, Mbeya or
sent through e-mail to [email protected]
To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE. “CVs should not include any reference to marital status, birthplace, or tribal or religious affiliations. Any CVs containing this information will not be considered for employment”. Applications that are hand-delivered will not be accepted. The deadline for submitting the application is August 31st , 2020.
HJFMRI is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply.