Nonprofit, and NGO
National Youth Information Centre (NICE)
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2021
Friday, October 29, 2021
, Base Salary:
National Youth Information Centre (NICE) is a local non-governmental and non-profit organization formed and registered in 2001 under Trustees’ incorporation ordinance of 1956 (cap 375) thereafter was awarded with NGO’s compliance certificate number 0768 in 2008.
The organization has the vision of building Tanzania with youth that are healthier, educated, functioning and with their human rights are respected. NICE empowers youth to make informed decisions about all aspects of their lives through the provision of information in the form of Training, Research, Advocacy, Publications and Documentations.
NICE whose head office is in Mbeya, has been implementing a comprehensive integrated care and support program for vulnerable children and families. It also implements evidence-based interventions on HIV prevention, HIV adherence support, and family planning to key and vulnerable populations (KVPs) in Mbeya region.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and the President's Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), NICE In partnership with FHI360,is implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level among the targeted populations.
NICE is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to fill the following vacancies in 4 districts of Ruvuma Region(TunduruDC, NamtumboDC, SongeaDC ; -
Data Clerks (3 Positions)
Report to: Data manager
Location: Tunduru, Namtumbo, Songea DC
Terms of employment: One year contract with option for renewal
Main duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Monitoring and Evaluation officer (M&E) to conduct entry of project data for HIV Testing services, Family planning, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), Tuber Tuberculosis (TB) and Sexual Transmission Diseases (STD) into designated database.
• Perform routine data review and collection data for all project indicators from catchment health facilities.
• Support the assessment of quality of primary source data through checking the completeness, precision, validity and timeliness of data reports.
• Work closely with peer educators (PEs), peer navigators (PNs) and community health workers (CHWs) at community level to support collection and reporting of data.
• Assist the M&E officer in keeping records of all the data reports collected from field activities.
• Support M&E officer to conduct periodic verification and routine data quality (RDQA) assessment at facilities and council level to ensure data quality always
• Offer on-job training i.e. (data management, M&E tool recording and uses) to staff and community workers i.e., PE, PN and CHWs.
• Ensure all data (primary and secondary) are securely collected, organized and kept in accordance/ compliance with national data management and confidentiality guidelines.
• Ensuring data quality through review of completed reporting tools submitted to custody offices by field officers and other project affiliates.
• Ensure that files and other documents are stored safely and well arranged in an organized manner.
• Performs other related tasks as required by the organization.
Education and Experience:
At least a Diploma in Information Technology, sociology, community development or equivalent. Additional training in Monitoring and Evaluation, community mobilization, counseling is of added advantages.
• At least 1 year demonstrated experience working in monitoring and evaluation activities related to health/ HIV prevention, Care and Treatment Programming.
• Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
• Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
• Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
• Well-developed computer skills.
• Fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili.
• Ability to build relationship with Key Vulnerable Populations (KVP) groups at community levels.
• Able to work with Health Care Providers staff at different health facilities
• Computer literacy is highly required.
• Able to timely collect, compilation and data analysis as required by the EpiC project.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All qualified and interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply by submitting a letter of interest, CV with 3 referees and copy of certificates by email
The Executive Director
National Youth Information Centre
No application will be accepted after 5.00 pm on 31/10/2021. No hard copies will be accepted NICE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 23 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 09-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Senior Program Officer- Non-Communicable…