Nonprofit, and NGO
National Youth Information Centre (NICE)
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2021
Friday, October 29, 2021
, Base Salary:
National Youth Information Centre (NICE) is a local non-governmental and non-profit organization formed and registered in 2001 under Trustees’ incorporation ordinance of 1956 (cap 375) thereafter was awarded with NGO’s compliance certificate number 0768 in 2008.
The organization has the vision of building Tanzania with youth that are healthier, educated, functioning and with their human rights are respected. NICE empowers youth to make informed decisions about all aspects of their lives through the provision of information in the form of Training, Research, Advocacy, Publications and Documentations.
NICE whose head office is in Mbeya, has been implementing a comprehensive integrated care and support program for vulnerable children and families. It also implements evidence-based interventions on HIV prevention, HIV adherence support, and family planning to key and vulnerable populations (KVPs) in Mbeya region.
In collaboration with the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and the President's Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), NICE In partnership with FHI360,is implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level among the targeted populations.
NICE is looking for highly motivated and self-driven individuals to fill the following vacancies in 4 districts of Ruvuma Region(TunduruDC, NamtumboDC, SongeaDC ; -
3 Biomedical Technical Officers (3positions)
Report to: Program manager
Location: Tunduru, Namtumbo, Songea DC
Terms of employment: One year contract with option for renewal
Biomedical Technical Officer is responsible for provision of technical oversight and direction of project biomedical services. He/she is required to collaborate with the Program lead team to provide technical assistance on the provision of Key and Priority (PP) Population – focused HIV prevention, HIV Testing and Counselling (HTC), combining Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) services, HIV Self-Testing (HST), Family Planning (FP), and linkage to Care and Treatment Services. This includes provision of guidance, monitoring and technical assistance on biomedical services to government/ certified health providers at all program councils.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate council biomedical services in collaboration with other project staff, implementing partners and other key stakeholders.
• Train and mentor government/ certified health providers and CHMTs to address their attitude and belief towards KVPs, as well as improve the capacity of providers to deliver biomedical services.
• Coordinate and offer technical guidance to timely implementation of biomedical services i.e., Mobile HTS, Index Testing, PrEP, HIVST and Regency Testing to health care workers (HCWs) work closely with senior level counterparts at the CHMT, Council care and treatment partners, and other government and non-governmental partners to advance HIV biomedical prevention for key and vulnerable population in the implementation council.
• Supervise the overall HIV case management i.e., identification, linkage and retention of KVP clients to care and treatment services.
• Ensure the operationalization of the National Guidelines for Comprehensive Package of HIV Interventions for KVPs and others i.e. STI, FP and GBV.
• Prepare monthly service plans based on the mapping reports and the SBCC POs’ guidance to guide effective roll out of demand creation and biomedical service activities.
• Monitor implementation of monthly service plans, performance and progress to biomedical targets
• Supervise and provide technical support to government/ certified health, peer navigators, educators and mobilisers, assess biomedical activities and their integration into the other program services
• Liaise with the DACC and DRCHCO to ensure availability of biomedical supplies at the service delivery points.
• Ensure the dissemination of national policy, standards, and guidelines on KVP, PrEP, HIVST and HIV programming at the council level
• Document experiences, prepare program and site visits reports, presentations, briefs and articles/success stories
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure accountability mechanism, assess progress to targets and quality of data submitted
• Assist with the identification of professional development needs for government/ certified providers and other field staff.
• Performs other related tasks as required by the Organization.
Education and Experience:
Qualification: Medical or nursing degree required, with additional training in public health desirable
Working Experience: At least 3 years demonstrated experience working in areas of biomedical HIV prevention including: HIV care and treatment (required), HIV counseling and testing services, and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH).
• Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity withthe national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
• Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
• Experience in working with LGA, NGOs, CBOs and health facilities to implement public health projects, especially those working with vulnerable populations.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
• Well-developed computer skills.
• Fluent in speaking and writing English and Swahili.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All qualified and interested candidates are highly encouraged to apply by submitting a letter of interest, CV with 3 referees and copy of certificates by email
The Executive Director
National Youth Information Centre
No application will be accepted after 5.00 pm on 31/10/2021. No hard copies will be accepted NICE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
Overview Job Category: Consultant/ Contractual Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 26 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 03-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Non-Staff Service Contract…
Overview Job Category: Management Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 15 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 01-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Assistant Program Manager […
Arusha Mjini Arusha Details Description The candidate will be responsible for performing standard medical procedures as needed. Responsibilities Inpatient coverage of ALMC patients Initial intake history and physical if intern…
Overview: The Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) is a government organ with a status of independent Department established specifically to facilitate the recruitment process of employees to the Public Service….
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 04 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 29-09-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: 3 Monitoring and Evaluation…
Environmental Scanning & Research Specialist III We’re looking for a specialist to join our collaborative international research team who can contribute to advancing organizational knowledge and programmatic effectiveness. You…