21 Engineers II
Jobs at:Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS)
Deadline of this Job:
29 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The United Republic Of Tanzania President’s Office Public Service Recruitment Secretariat
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/319 16th November, 2020
On behalf of University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM), Tanzania Medicines and Medical Devices Authority (TMDA) and Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 77 vacant posts as mentioned below. .
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is a semi –autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication established on 1st July, 2000. The Agency is mandated to plan, design, construct, maintain national roads and development of Airports under the Executive Agencies (The Tanzania National Roads Agency) (Establishment) Order GN. 293 of 2000 as amended by GN. 350 of 2009 and GN. 232 of 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning and undertaking road inventory, condition, traffic and other surveys for the roads, bridges and airports regularly.
• Investigating sources and quality of construction materials along the roads.
• Preparing contract documents and drawings for the maintenance contracts.
• Facilitating the procurement of road and bridge maintenance contracts.
• Supervising maintenance work contracts, contractor at site and foci account operation.
• Monitoring the performance of Contractors, process Contractor Invoices and facilitate timely payment
• Reviewing Contractors’ time and cost claims.
• Preparing regular works progress reports for the roads, bridges and airports.
• Attending regular site meetings and prepare minutes.
• Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree/ Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institution. Must be registered by the Engineers’ Registration Board as Graduate Engineer (GE) and attended SEAP Programme and must be Computer literate.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Attractive REMUNERATION package in accordance with the Agency’s salary scale.
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of an age specified in each post; • Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
• Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
• Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
• Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
• Birth certificate.
• Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
• Form IV and form VI results slips;
• Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
• Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
• Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
• Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
• Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania • Commission for Universities (TCU);
• Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
• A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8 Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam.
• Deadline for application is 29th November, 2020
• Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
• Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
• Vacancies for the Institute of Marine Sciences, work station will be at Zanzibar, and the Residents of Zanzibar are highly encourage to apply.
All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Released by; SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT