2 Wash Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Red Cross
Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Within Tanzania , Zanzibar , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, August 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: 2 Wash Officers
The Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by the Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 and amended by the Parliament of Tanzania in 2019. Tanzania Red Cross Society was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963. The TRCS Headquarters office is located in Dar es Salaam.
TRCS is now the largest and most dependable national partner in delivering humanitarian services in Tanzania. The TRCS has an active network in all regions of Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Around 40% are women out of more than 35,000 active volunteers. Most importantly, because of its credibility, TRCS receives supports from a broad range of partners, including the IFRC, the ICRC, the American
Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red Cross-Flanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the Chinese Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Other partners are ENABEL, UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA, the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM and Pathfinder International. Tanzania Red Cross Society is looking for dynamic persons to fill the below vacancies.
WASH OFFICERS (2 POSITIONS)
Duty Station: MBEYA &ZANZIBAR
Reports to: Wash Engineer/Coordinator
Age Limit: Not above 45 years
• To support WASH Project in ensuring compliance of all hygiene and sanitation standards and donor regulations
• Coordinate trainings in targeted project with Sanitation and Hygiene officers, and Government officers to ensure that the various aspects of the WASH Program are
• Development of hygiene promotion topics, hygiene sessions and IEC materials
• Develop materials to promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services at schools and community
• Responsible for the implementation and supervision of all planned community project
• Responsible for Community engagement activities
• Responsible for conducting community meetings with relevant stakeholders for the identification of water, sanitation and hygiene
• Responsible for liaising with government officials for the planning and implementation of all community
• Demonstrable knowledge on Hygiene promotion approaches for participatory and community diagnosis (e.g.; CLTS, Hand washing, Menstrual Hygiene Management, COVID19, and water treatment methods).
• Compile and collect field data for evaluation of indicators of verifiable objectives of the
• Advice the project Wash Engineer/Coordinator on how to improve WASH interventions with
• Prepare reports of activities, monthly, Quarterly and
• Pro-Active in detecting community needs and suggest future interventions
• Pro-active in activity planning & review, development activity concept notes, and Project Budget
• Able to lead and maintaining work relationship with Co-workers, Other partiners, community, and Government (District & Regional level).
• To keeping all Red Cross materials and properties
• Strengthening Red cross branches and dissemination of Red Cross to the Communities in Kigoma
• To facilitate procurement activities at field level as per TRCS procurement
• To facilitate financial management of the project activities as per TRCS
• Work closely with Delegated project representative from donor side in the
• Perform any other duties assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time
• Minimum qualifications: Bachelor of science Degree in Environment Health science or Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science &
• At least 3 years’ experience in community development projects especially community public health, and WASH
• Experienced in Water, Sanitation, Hygiene(WASH) promotion
• Community and social skills to mobilise the
• Administrative skills
• Ability to use computer software package (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) ü Fluent in Swahili and English
Relationship Manager Public Sector at NBC August, 2021
NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
• To build and maintain relationships across a portfolio of high value Central and Local Government, Public Institutions, by focussing on growing value through achieving challenging sales and stretching income targets and improving customer satisfactions.
• The jobholder will be responsible for business portfolio growth and retention of existing customers where he/she is expected to increase ”wallet share”
• Job Description
• Sales and Service 60%
• Agree, meet and exceeds contracted sales targets with focus on liabilities and other non- funding products.
• Grow portfolio value in line with agreed targets. This is achieved through cross sell or up sell by providing a variety of products and services to customers
• Generating ongoing referral business from existing customers within the portfolio
• Identify sales and services opportunities and offering solutions appropriate for the customer’s needs, goal and objectives
• Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
• Adopt a commercial approach to cost control and income generation
• Expand assigned portfolios through product optimisation and profitable cross selling
• Achieve customer satisfaction targets within the assigned portfolio by improving customer satisfaction standards
• Establish relationships and maintain proactive and regular contact with clients as part of the agreed contact plan
• Utilise all customer contact processes and products to develop a better understanding of customer needs
• Provide feedback to clients, even if query or complaint has not been resolved yet.
• Educate customer on the new operating models
• Engage the customer and introduce prepared solutions
• Understand and apply the relevant governance and compliance procedures to activities undertaken and maintain ongoing completion of relevant governance and compliance training
• Maintain customer records and accurate completion of applications and paperwork
• Work closely with customer service teams, responding to complex servicing requests and complaints for customers
• Work proactively with colleagues across the group to support the growth of lead generation
• Promote alternative delivery channels to clients
• Proactively raise the profile and reputation of the Bank in the local community
• Provide financial advice to existing and new customers within the local community to remain a reputable Bank
• Maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
• Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
• Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
• Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, and negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method.
• Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
• Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business.
• Business Management 30%
• Outputs to deliver this accountability:
• Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
• Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information. (They will work with Business Analysts, CMAs and Operational Bankers to construct credit applications).
• Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
• People Management 10%
• Outputs to deliver this accountability:
• Day to day coaching and development of indirect reports i.e. Business Analysts and Operational Bankers
• Proactively identify personal development areas and training needs
• Risk Management 10%
• Outputs to deliver this accountability:
• Safeguard the bank’s interest by;
• Creating awareness, keep up-todate and comply with Know Your Client (KYC) and Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations
• Comply and keep up todate with all policies and procedure.
• Ensure customer information is kept confidential and only released to the right person.
Analytical Thinking – Advanced (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Commercial mindset – Senior (Meets all of the requirements), Customer Excellence – Service Management (Meets all of the requirements), Digital familiarity (Meets all of the requirements), Experience in a similar environment at specialist level, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Click Here to Apply