2 VMMC Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 VMMC Monitoring and Evaluation Officers
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: VMMC Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2 Positions)
Reports to: VMMC M&E Manager
Location: Kigoma & Shinyanga regions
The M&E Officer is responsible for supporting the project in designing and implementing VMMC M&E activities under the leadership of the M & E Manager. In close consultation with the M&E Manager, the VMMC M&E Officer will ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with the GoTZ, CDC, and other implementers. S/He will develop the capacity of various stakeholders in data collection, analysis, reporting and evaluation. S/He will help identify and evaluate best practices and state-of-the-art approaches for the programs and with support from the M&E Manager disseminate overall results to project stakeholders. These positions report to the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the development of the THPS VMMC reporting system and monitoring
• Train and supervise site-level staff on VMMC data collection and
• Lead and manage baseline indicator and/or situation analysis at
• Maintain the established reporting system database and support routine
• Develop ongoing quality control/assurance procedures to ensure complete and accurate data
• Establish data security guidelines and activities to ensure that all data are stored and maintained in a secure and effective
• Contribute to data cleaning and analysis process.
• Generate routine data summaries for project
• Provide general information technology support to supported static and mobile VMMC
• Support THPS staff to document training and technical assistance activities and help to produce and disseminate technical reports, guides, manuals, and other written
• Provide regular liaison with M&E
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
• Degree in health informatics, Computer science, Social sciences, or Statistics
• At least 3 years of “hands on experience” as M&E officer position in VMMC program, will be an added advantage
• Strong data analysis, graphical data presentation, dissemination and report writing skills
• Experience working in NGO active in health-related
• Demonstrated familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS, CTC2 and DATIM
• Excellent computer skills at minimum with Microsoft Office package including MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality
• Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and
• Good command of English and Swahili language will be an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.