2 Senior Procurement Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHC- DGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), The Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory and health management information systems (HIMS).
THPS is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Title: Senior Procurement Officer Position (2)
Location: THPS Headquarters at Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Procurement Manager.
Overall Job Summary:
The Senior Procurement Officers will help the Procurement Manager to ensure effective procurement systems are adhered to through following the purchasing processes and ensure timely delivery of items to intended recipients. They will assist the Procurement Manager in the implementation of quality procurement services and work in close collaboration with the regional teams to provide procurement & logistics support.
Roles and Responsibility
• Review the project work plan to establish the supplies and materials budgeted to be procured.
• Prepare annual procurement plans for the projects
• Liaise with technical team to establish technical specifications of items for supplies to be ordered.
• Call for suppliers to request to submit quotations for the items to be procured
• Engage in selection of the supplier to supply the specified materials
• Prepare and process the local purchase orders and ensure that orders are delivered to suppliers on time.
• Ensure THPS regional stores are coordinated and shipped items are dispatched to the sites.
• Achieving of procurement documents such as purchase orders, proformas and analysis documents for various sourced out Supplies, Services, works.
• Receive all invoices and manage the workflow with regard to when they arrived at Procurement Department and when were they sent to Accounts for payment.
• Fill in and keep updating the tracking tools for various procurement for future Procurement updates to Programs.
• Update specifications and price for various procured materials for future references.
• Prepare Vendor analysis for the obtained bids and Purchase orders
• Work on all Open Purchase orders to ensure vendors are paid
• Undertake orders expedition and ensure materials are delivered to the required final destination
• Compile documents for payment (Attach the received invoices on the Approved Purchase orders) and send the same to Accounts department
• Undertake all other activities as shall be provided by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
• Bachelor Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management
• Possession of Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP) is mandatory
• At least three years working experience in Procurement and Logistics management
• Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs will be an added advantage
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Basic computer skills with minimum of Microsoft word, and excel application.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 10th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: Senior Procurement Officer”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.