2 Research Assistant
Jobs at:National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Mwanza , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: 2 Research Assistant
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of NIMR Mwanza is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill the following vacant positions in the Long-term health after Severe Acute Malnutrition in children and adults: the role of the Pancreas (SAMPA) study. SAMPA is a longitudinal study investigating the links between undernutrition and future diabetes risk and will be based in Mwanza city.
REPORTING: will report and work under the Head of Clinical Research Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Registration of study participants and recording keeping;
2. Arranging and confirming study participants appointments;
3. Update study follow-up and retention database and link with tracer to ensure efficiency tracing;
4. To participate in developing research questionnaire and review;
5. To administer data collection tools using electronic capturing system; and To perform other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
1. Holder of Bachelor degree in health, Information technology and communication, Social Sciences or Management Sciences from a recognized college/university;
2. Working experience will be an added advantage but not a prerequisite
3. Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with high level of integrity;
4. Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
5. Computer literate;
6. The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years
• Up to one-year employment contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
• The successful candidate will be based at NIMR-Mwanza, Mwanza City.
• A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania’s Salary Scale.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than 13th September 2021 of this advertisement to the address below. Applicants are also reminded to indicate all contact information necessary with which information can reach them easily.
The Centre Director,
NIMR, Mwanza Research Centre,
P.O. Box 1462,
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.