2 Regional VMMC Program Coordinators
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
2 Regional VMMC Program Coordinators
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: Regional VMMC Program Coordinator (2 Positions)
Reports to: VMMC Services Manager
Location: Shinyanga, Kigoma
The Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) Program Coordinator is responsible for overall coordination of quality and safe delivery of VMMC services in the supported region. Provides technical leadership and direction to ensure VMMC activities are implemented in accordance to international and national standards, protocols and guidelines at the region. S/He is responsible for achievement of VMMC goals and objectives in the region including overseeing key deliverables in VMMC programing are attained at high performance levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support and coordination for expansion of VMMC activities integration in HIV prevention, care and treatment
• Promote quality assurance and ensures regional level VMMC services adhere to national, WHO, PERFAR, protocols, policies and guidelines and are consistent with established best practices.
• Works closely regional and council health management teams (R/CHMTs) and health facilities to scale up VMMC activities (static and mobile) and supports incorporation of VMMC activities in regional, council and health facility plans for
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to scale up VMMC services for HIV prevention across supported
• Identified capacity building needs and coordinates trainings, supportive supervision, CMEs activities in VMMC at the regional level.
• Responds to logistical, clinical, and programmatic issues at regional level; and reports any implementation barriers for timely management and resolution.
• Monitors service delivery data within the region and assists with the follow-through of site-level performance improvement plans, where
• Roll out VMMC data base to all supported sites in the
• Advise on effective age and risk group specific VMMC demand creation activities
• Ensure consistent availability of VMMC supplies, equipment’s and consumables for VMMC services at regional level.
• Keeps track of lessons learned, documents and shares success stories and best practices across the program.
• Supports quality improvement QI processes to enhance quality VMMC services and minimize adverse events (AEs); support monitoring and reporting of AEs.
• Develop and timely submit technical VMMC program progress reports as scheduled on monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the regional level.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
• MD or equivalent degree with five or more years of experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, care and treatment, especially VMMC
• Technical expertise in VMMC service delivery as well as strong understanding of barriers and facilitators to acceptance of
• Experience in implementing device and surgical VMMC techniques within public health
• Demonstrated experience related to capacity building of service providers and monitoring/supportive supervision and mentorship of service
• Experience of working with local government authorities including R/CHMTs, other stakeholders and health facilities.
• Knowledge of PEPFAR funded programs would be an added advantage
• Ability to work independently with strong coordination and supervisory skills
• Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.