2 Monitoring & Evaluation Officers
Jobs at:Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST)
Deadline of this Job:
01 January 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for an active & qualified individual for the following role below…. .
The Monitoring & Evaluation officer will contribute to MST’s efforts to put evidence-based implementation at the heart of the program through supporting continuous program monitoring, evaluation and implementation of health management information systems (HMIS). With support from M&E Manager the M&E Officer will be responsible for developing, upgrading and maintaining Marie Stopes Tanzania’s (MST’s) health management information system (HMIS) to ensure the highest quality of MST’s routine clinical data and donor reports. S/he will also provide routine technical support on health information systems to outreach and centres.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
• Support in revision of the project log frame, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement,
• Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation,
• Utilize the Collaborative, Learning and Adapting Approach to continually assess project progress and inform project management decision-making,
• Ensure data quality standards are adhered and followed across the program and support implementation of data audits,
• Document results of the M & E system and produce periodic reports as required by management and the global team,
• Monitor the correct use of the HMIS to centres and outreach, and troubleshoot any technical problems,
• Review performance of HMIS, with input from MSI technical team and MST staff, and recommend and implement upgrades as necessary,
• Using external contractors where necessary, coordinate development and field testing of the HMIS system for MST,
• Gather input from MSI’s global HMIS advisors and MST’s Research, Operations and Project teams, as well as the IT Manager and centre and outreach team leaders to design a health management information system that best meets MST’s needs,
• Support project teams and HMIS team to ensure program data is entered timely in Client-Level Information Centre (CLIC).
• Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a reputable institution,
• Post graduate course in Monitoring & Evaluation will be an added advantage,
• Knowledgeable about DHIS2 use and management.
Skills and Experience:
• At least 3 years experience in Monitoring and Evaluation (essential),
• Proven experience in HMIS management and support,
• Experience with management of different sources of data and multiple indicators with proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data,
• Experience in M&E preferably related to capacity building, health systems strengthening programs/projects,
• Must have excellent communication/interactive skills and must function well independently, as well as part of a team,
• Proven ability to interpreter verbal, written and numerical data,
• Demonstrated experiences of actively collaborating with both internal and external stake holders,
• Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations.
• Good analytical skills,
• Proven ability to document and articulate results.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P.O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Friday January 01, 2021. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted. Also please do not re-apply for above posts if you once did in the past.