2 Facility – Community Linkage Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
31 July 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 24, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below. 2 Facility – Community Linkage Officers
Reports to: Zonal Project Manager
Position Location: Kigoma & Songwe, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Facility – Community Linkage Officer is responsible to establish, and facilitate implementation of TB treatment adherence, psychosocial support and community linkages including to establish/strengthen facility – community partnership/linkage mechanism; build capacity of R/CHMT to establish/strengthen and implement APSC program; build capacity of health care providers in enhancing adherence and retention and treatment completion for TB preventive therapy and TB treatment. Additionally, the incumbent will enhance skills of health care providers to facilitate referrals and linkages between various service units within the health facilities for TB, HIV and reproductive health services, and conduct supportive supervision and mentorship. The position involves field travel of at least 70%. .
• Conducting mapping of existing facility – community partnership/linkage.
• Establish facility- community partnership/linkage where they do not exist.
• Strengthen facility- community partnership/linkage where they exist.
• Assist in conducting selection of Peer educators
• Provide technical assistance to HCPs at supported health facilities to implement protocols on adherence support for clients on TB preventive therapy and TB treatment.
• Assist in the assessment of specific standards of care (SOC) at the supported health facilities.
• Conduct supportive supervision and CMEs on clinical treatment adherence support to HCPs as per THPS site support guidelines
• Distribute to facilities the relevant job aids and materials related to adherence counselling and assessment.
• To prepare monthly summary report and provide periodic progress reports and provide input for the preparation of the quarterly reports.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Nursing or Social Work
• At least two years’ work experience with community-based support groups or related tasks
• Familiarity with district-level health care systems in Tanzania is highly desired
• Strong people’s supervisory and management skills
• Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ( [email protected] ) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.