2 Community Engagement Officers
Jobs at:Youth Wings (YW)
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Youth Wings (YW) is a Youth-Led CSO based in Arusha whose purpose is to respond to the rights and needs of young generations caught up in the turbulence in achieving their ambitionsto reach their fullest potential. YW is dedicated to advocates for the improvement of health services, economic opportunities and equity social wellbeing of Tanzanian youths who are vulnerable to contract HIV. It expands its interventions to all parts of mainland Tanzania with the focus on Sexual and Reproductive Health Services (SRH), Civic Engagement, Human Rights, HIV & AIDS, Harm Reduction, Child Protection and Economic Empowerment.
About the Role
Youth Wings is implementing a project named Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) in Arusha Region in two councils Arusha DC & CC. EPIC is a global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) which is dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control.
Youth Wings Tanzania is extending its interventions to the new District in Arusha – Meru DC and it is currently recruiting for the position of Community Engagement Officers (Female and Male Personnel) to fill the vacancy of the existing project (EpiC). The Community Engagement Officers will assist the Project Manager and work closely with biomedical and Case managers in ensuring the overall success of the project and will be responsible for day-to-day outreach activities and act as the linkages between beneficiaries and the service project intended to deliver. ensuring that the Community activities (SBCC, structural and gender activities) are conducted according to the National standards and EpiC standard operating procedures and that beneficiaries receive quality services; s/he will also play a crucial role in supervising and building the capacity of Peer Educators and mobilizers for effective and efficient implementation of activities during outreach activities (mobile testing and moonlight approaches) for HTS provision. She will be managing all community activities through conducting progress review meetings on monthly basis with all peers (educators, mobilizers,) and health care providers. Reporting directly Programme Manager, the Community Engagement Officer will have the lead responsibility for the quality delivery of the EPIC project across Meru Districts. This is contingent on effective coordination, supervision and structured capacity building of local peers’ groups implementing in Project delivery.
• Leading responsibility for EPIC project performance against the results framework, rooted in effective results-based management approach and high standard of field support.
• Ensure EPIC project is delivered to high technical standards and demonstrates a cycle of continuous reflection, learning and development of our HIV/AIDS programming.
• To provide management support and supervision of local peer’s groups in ensuring a high standard of EPIC project performance and reporting.
• Supervising and supporting the formation of PrEP groups in the project by making sure groups are managed by the team members for sustainability in the working area.
• To strategically collaborate with the regional administration and local government i.e., RMO, RAS, DAC, CHAC, DSWOs, and CDOs to support the KVP access multi-sectoral services of EPIC project impact districts.
• Supporting Peer educators during Community works including demand creation, group education, individual education, outreach services for bot moonlight and mobile testing and client’s referrals and linkages.
• Focal responsibility to support operational management across EPIC projects with particular emphasis on the high level of accountability in programmes financial management and results oriented performance management.
• Supervising and Managing all peers (educators, mobilizers, navigators), by making sure community activities are well planned and implemented to facilitate Comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV and Family planning).
• Focal lead for the outreach and coordinated delivery of EPIC Project by supervising peers’ educators to facilitate implementation of comprehensive HIV service provision (HTS, PrEP, HIVST, TB, GBV) in line with Youth Wings results framework, annual costed Programme work plans, and donor frameworks.
• Ensure EPIC project is delivered to high technical standards by providing training, coaching and mentorship to the peer educators on facilitation skills, HIV Prevention and GBV.
• Direct management support to peers’ educators to create demand and roll-out of social behaviour change communication (SBCC) educations for KVP and vulnerable population groups and supervision of local peers’ groups and supporting effective Programme cycle management in EPIC project delivery.
• Capacity-building of peer’s educators’ groups so as assist the formation of KVP (PrEP) groups and support establishment of the case management team, identification and mapping of hotspots, linkages to care, treatment, and support referrals to GBV, TB, STI and other biomedical services.
• Engagement and partnership with the regional administration and local government, providing leadership support to strategic positioning and delivery of EPIC project services in local government planning and implementation processes.
• Effectively contribute to EPIC Project development, ensuring local context informing implementation and innovations to maximize results.
• Data collection and verification for informing project M&E processes, including ensuring an efficient and high standard of reporting daily, weekly and monthly.
• Demonstrate due diligence in the management of EPIC project budget management, including adherence to YW finances policies and procedures and endeavoring to achieve value for money and high transparency and accountability for Programme resources.
• Lead YW support of Programme-related performance management processes of peers’ educators’ groups in fostering results-oriented performance across the networks of the project of groups.
• Key responsibility to ensure that all reasonable measures are taken to ensure child protection across all operational aspects of the EPIC project.
• Prepare monthly and weekly route plans for the project to reach the targeted population. Prepare document experiences, briefs, and success stories.
• Report to the YW Programme Manager on strategic performance objectives that are developed and signed off on annual basis and also assist with wider organizational activities as and when required.
• Proven track record of at least 3 years working in CSOs interventions with a focus in Sexual and Reproductive Health Programme implementation in Tanzanian context, especially programmes targeting Key and Vulnerable Populations (KVP).
• Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of results-based management processes, including taking responsibility for M&E informing Programme management and development.
• Demonstrable experience in providing effective Programme coordination and targeted capacity building support to peers’ educator’s groups (KVP) to deliver health/HIV/TB related programmes.
• Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of working closely with local government structures, systems and strategic points of engagement to integrate programmatic priorities in local government processes.
• Experience in programs serving KVP and addressing gender norms. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP and other vulnerable groups.
• Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national KVP, youth and gender guidelines, standards and protocols.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
• Minimum of a Bachelor degree in public health, community development, social work or another related degree relevant discipline.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Job application procedure
Youth Wings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through [email protected] by uploading an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume with Names and Addresses of three (3) referees and clearly write the vacancy job title in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. The deadline for submitting the application is: (12:00 PM) 30th September 2021