2 Attendants - Lamprooms
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
02 January 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The core aim of this role is to ensure all equipment are stored, issued, maintained, or repaired to the Lamp-room standard operating practices. Task’s assignments include housekeeping, inspections, and repair works, and other assignment related to all lamproom facilities.
• A minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
• Basic numeracy and verbal/written English
• Computer Knowledge especially Microsoft Office
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in mining environment or related industries
• Established experience with the following product technologies:
• Mine Lighting Equipment,
• Battery Charging Equipment,
• Fire Detection Systems
• A strong focus toward safety and hazard identification.
Main or key Accountabilities:
• Store and issue lamps self-contain self-rescuers (SCSR), M-Lites and gas instruments.
• Ensure lamps are fully charged before issuing to users.
• Ensure records are kept of specific individuals to whom equipment is issued.
• Keep records of SCSR’s tested, plan and advise Safety department of gear requiring tightness test.
• Ensure records are kept of equipment maintenance for compliance purposes.
• Notify the Underground Mine Manager of cap lamps or SCSR’s not returned at the end of a shift.
• Ensure good housekeeping is always maintained in the lamp room.
• Be proactive in all aspects of operational safety and work as team member within the mining department.
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor – Underground Mining
• Doing regular inspections of equipment, repairs, and equipment replacement
• Report any lost or damaged tooling
• To attend and participate in Regular departmental Safety and Toolbox meetings
• Think about job before commencement - Mini risk assessment
• Must have Good written and oral communication skills in English language and Swahili
• Able to show initiative and co-ordination skills and be able to interact within all Mining Personnel and Maintenance sections.
• Be physically fit and be able to pass medical examinations.
• Be able to work at minimum supervision.
• Highly motivated and willing to attend work on call out duties when required.
• Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork. Must be able to solve problems.
• Solid history of reliability and good work ethic
• A proactive attitude toward safety and hazard identification
• Computer Literate – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products / Basic Computer Skills
• Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link http://www.geitamine.com/