2 Assistant Grant Officers
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
17 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Handeni , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018. From October 2020 this project will extend its operations to Simiyu Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
2 Assistant Grant Officers
Location: Bariadi Office (1), Tanga Office (1)
Reports to: Regional Project Managers
Maintains Sub Grantees’ financial, accounting functions in order to meet the needs of the organization and the donor. S/he prepares financial statements, maintaining cash controls, providing financial reporting and analysis in support of the project. Support’s both Amref staff and subs grantees financial and budgeting, compliance and reporting functions. .
Financial control and accounting
• Keep the accounting system for tracking of expenses up-to-date;
• Collect and prepare invoices and Cash Transfer Requests for payment, post in accounting system, and process in the accounting/bank system;
• Prepare monthly finance reports, including budget vs actuals of the sub grantees portfolio assigned;
• Ensure financial procedures for the Afya Kamilifu Project are kept updated under the guidance of Grants, Contracts and Compliance Specialist for local payments, cash management and general accounting.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial reports to donors as required.
• Review invoices and provide account codes, when appropriate, for proper project accounting.
• Work on cash flow forecasts for project.
Sub Grantees Direct payments and payroll processing
• Maintaining updated sub grantees employment contracts, and tracking all changes which occurs over a time of the project life
• Tracking and maintain all the records of the payments processed directly by Amref Tanzania and accounts for compliance and adherence of donor and all necessary local policies
• Manage and update all contractual engagements relating to benefits and statutory contributions and deductions
• Managing the sub grantee’s payroll
• Maintaining and updating all extra duty/allowances paid by Amref Tanzania
Compliance and Auditing
• Ensure compliance of grants with CDC/procedures and donor rules/regulations, including all applicable policies and procedures.
• Visit Sub grantees (Districts, FBOs, CSOs) in order to support financial management
of grant-funded projects, conduct periodic compliance review of grant-funded projects
• Support required audits as need arise and advice or recommend the execution of audit as per requirement.
• Planning and executing compliance review to other sub grantees as per Amref SOPs
Grants and Contracts Management
• Perform grant-related pre and post-award functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting, labor distribution changes, reconciliations, re-budgeting and grant closeout functions as required
• Maintaining and updating all sub grantees information, making sure that every sub grantee is having active contracts, sufficient funds for project implementations, active and signed sub agreements and sub grantees maintains project files
• Other Duties as deem necessary and assigned
Job Skills: Not Specified
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• The candidate must hold Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting,
• At least 2 years work experience in the related field and Experience working with donor funded projects.
• High level of integrity
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cash flow forecasting and cost control.
• Skills in analyzing financial data and prepare financial reports.
• Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles of accounting and ensure that best practices are observed.
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations preferably USAID financial rules and regulations
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. Amref will conduct interviews at Mwanza Office for the shortlisted Lake Zone Applicants and at Dar es Salaam Office for other shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 17, 2020. Please mention the job title/vacancy name or use the job title as the subject line when applying for this position, failure to do that your application may not be retrieved. All correspondences should be directed to: Email: [email protected] .
• Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy; Women and People with disability are encouraged to Apply
• “Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible”
• Amref health Africa –Tanzania regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.