17 Strategic Information Officers
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, September 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
17 Strategic Information Officers
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG), Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar. THPS’ goal is to ensure accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems.
THPS, has been awarded by CDC/PEPFAR to implement the five (5) years project AFYA HATUA (Sustain Treatment, Enrolment and HIV Prevention- STEP). Through AFYA HATUA, THPS will deliver client centered, comprehensive facility and community-based HIV prevention, care, and treatment services for general, key and vulnerable populations in Pwani, Kigoma and Shinyanga regions, and contribute to the country’s epidemic control. Based on the Government of Tanzania’s (GoT) National Multisectoral Strategic Framework (NMSF) IV, Health Sector HIV Strategic Plan (HSHSP) IV, and PEPFAR COP21 priorities, AFYA HATUA will extend best practices and lessons learned from THPS’s 10+ years of implementing HIV programs in Tanzania. THPS will partner with all LGAs in the 3 regions, faith-based health facilities, and community-based, key population (KP)-led organizations to achieve the project goals.
Position Title: Strategic Information Officers (17 Positions)
Reports to: District Data manager and District Manager
Location: Pwani, Kigoma (75% frequent field travel)
Strategic Information Officer will be responsible to design, develop and update databases and implement high-standard data management systems including data analysis; build staff capacity of THPS and stakeholders at District and health facility levels including CHMTs. S/He will be responsible for the development and implementation of site-level databases for collection of HIV/AIDS program indicators, as well as community services. Providing technical assistance on data entry of patient data and generating data reports timely.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead in maintaining and updating District databases for care and treatment, TB/HIV, HCT, community services and other databases as
• Assist to provide technical assistance to District supported facilities within the region in collaboration with R/CHMT members.
• Build capacity of CHMT in data management and data use for program improvement
• Implementation and evaluation of monitoring tools and data management
• Ensure that DQA is carried out quarterly according to DQA SOP’s and that recommendations following the site DQA visit are
• Ensure District compliance to policies for data quality assurance and reporting
• Train and supervise Data officers in the councils in the supported CHMTs to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress
• Collaborate with other team members to prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas.
• Develop and respond to queries related to data analysis
• Work with the ICT department to fix any errors and problems observed in the databases and report any systems malfunction to central team as needed.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
• Bachelor’s degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related
• Advanced skills in Database programming, and analytical software an advantage
• A background in nursing, health science or a related discipline are an advantage
• 3+ years relevant experience years’ experience with MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality
• Strong supervisory and management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Fluent in English & Kiswahili
• Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 23rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “Community Service Technical Advisor’’.