17 Assistant Data Officers (AD0)
Jobs at:Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS)
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under non-governmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG), The Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health (MoH) in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health and community systems for comprehensive quality health services including HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis; prevention of GBV; reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child, and adolescent health (RMNHCAH) services; laboratory and health management information systems (HIMS).
THPS is implementing a USAID Police and Prisons Activity in 64 health facilities across 26 regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar, aimed at supporting the Ministry of Home Affairs (MoHA) in providing comprehensive quality HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services. THPS therefore is seeking highly experienced, committed and motivated Tanzanians to fill in its vacant positions for this activity to be based at the facilities Countrywide.
Job Title: Assistant Data Officer (AD0 17 position)
Direct Reports to : Medical Officer In charge and Indirectly to Zonal SI Officer
Location : Health Facilities, Country wide
Purpose and Scope of Job:
To implement high-standard computer and paper-based HIV Testing (HTS) Services, care and treatment (CTC) and TB data and record management in accordance to Facility, District, Regional, Government and PEPFAR guidance
Duties and responsibilities:
• Primarily responsible for transcription of patient visit information to paper-based pre-ART, ART registers, and TB register.
• Review relevant clinic records and perform paper-based data quality checks on CTC 2 cards, ART registers, Pharmacy and TB registers.
• Ensure proper filling client files
• At computerized sites, conduct data entry for the CTC 2 database from CTC2 cards, PITC registers and HEI cards.
• Update all patient’s laboratory results on CTC2 database (CD4, Viral Load etc.)
• Perform data quality assurance checks for the electronic data
• Update all clients visits in the CTC2 database on daily basis and update in the CTC3 macro as frequent as required by the program.
• Perform daily back up of CTC2 database into external hard drive
• Conduct data triangulation between CTC2 database, ANC and TB units (TB-HIV and ANC positive clients)
• Produce/Compile Prepare Quarterly reports for care and treatment, Mother child cohort report, HTS reports and TB reports.
• Produce TB defaulters, missed appointment /LTF reports on monthly basis and update final status of clients.
• Collaborate with site personnel, personnel at other health facilities and community-based organization in tracing patients who miss visits or are lost to follow-up.
• Assist facility, R/CHMT in all data-related requests and reporting.
• Ensure weekly data are entered into patchy excel to facilitate weekly performance review.
• Enter performance of each sub granted staff in the database on monthly basis.
• Participate in all Ql meeting in the facility.
• Facilitate accurate and timely data collection and submission at your facility on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis with minimal or no support from THPS staff.
• Communicate closely with District, Regional and Headquarters THPS staff to ensure smooth uninterrupted availability of HIV interventions in your facility
Qualifications & Experience
• At least Form six level.
• Certificate from Health Record Management training Institute
• Must have verifiable knowledge on computer (Ms Word, Excel, and MS Access)
• Nursing, counselling, and/or records keeping skills will be an added advantage
• Familiarity with the health system and hospital medical records.
• Capable of independently implementing the duties described above.
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send an email [email protected] attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by September 3rd 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: ‘Assistant Data Officer ”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.