12 HIV Testers (Index) Tabora Subgrantee
Jobs at:Management and Development for Health (MDH)
Deadline of this Job:
20 December 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH in collaboration with Tabora Municipal Council; Sikonge, Igunga, Kaliua, Urambo, Nzega; and Uyui District Councils; together with Nzega Town Council, invite suitable candidates to apply for the following posts.
Job Title: at MDH – Tabora Subgrantee December, 2021
Location: Kaliua, Nzega and Uyui District Councils; and Nzega Town Council;
Reports to: Facility In-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creating awareness and education on the existence of HIV Testing Services (HTS) i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles.
• Serving as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
• Providing counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights, provide psychosocial support and assist with referral and linkages.
• Assessing and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
• Monitor the quality (QA/QC) of test kits by control materials/samples from laboratory department.
• Ensuring safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for HTS services.
• Compiling and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly to HTS coordinators.
• Keeping accurate HTS and referral/linkage records (logbooks, registers, reports).
• Work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
• Ensuring HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.
• Participating fully in National EQA program for HIV rapid test.
• Performing any other duties that may be required by the clinical team.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
• Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
• Must have a valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
• At least three (3) years’ experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment services.
• Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees. The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement) on the heading of the email.
Applications should be submitted by 20th December, 2021 to the Human Resources Manager, MDH Sub-grantees through e-mail [email protected] .
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.