10 Laboratory Scientists
Jobs at:Bugando Medical Centre
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, November 06, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bugando Medical Centre is a consultant and teaching hospital for the Lake and Western zones of the United Republic of Tanzania. It is situated along the shores of Lake Victoria in Mwanza City. It has 950 beds and over 1300 employees. It is a referral centre for tertiary specialist care for eight regions, namely: – Mwanza, Geita, Simiyu, Mara, Kagera, Shinyanga, Tabora and Kigoma. It serves a catchment’s population of over 16 million people.
Bugando Medical Centre is therefore inviting suitable Tanzanians to fill the vacancy at BMC-Molecular Laboratory under MDH, Afya Kwanza project. .
Duties and responsibilities
• Read, understand and implement all laboratory procedures and processes as per the documented SOPs Participate in developing, reviewing and revising all laboratory SOPs
• Performs daily QC runs and checks on all laboratory tests/procedures/equipment and ensure corrective actions are done as per the SOPs
• Perform pre-analytical procedures on all specimens received including but limited to registration, separation, storage and documentation as per SOPs
• Prepare samples for shipping/referral to other laboratories according to SOPs • Document daily operations, calibrations, validations/ver if Rations, preventive maintenance services and repair of machines/analyzers and perform corrective actions where needed.
• Troubleshoot minor technical faults in machines using operation manuals/SOPs, document the actions and report to laboratory manager/Supervlsor.
• Analyze EQA samples/PT panel received for external quality control program and submit them within deadline.
• Review and document the PT results and in case of failure, perform corrective action and preventive action Check and complete all the laboratory results in the Laboratory Information System or register book and ensure only verified/authorized results are released.
• Ensure testing of samples is done accurately and all results are released within TAT.
• Archive all the source documents after testing in the appropriate files as per SOPs
• Prepare summary reports of the machines/analyzers, sample received, tested, results released and other Laboratory key indicators on daily, weekly and monthly.
• Prepare reports of the work done daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly
• Participate in documenting, reviewing and reporting performance of the laboratory quality indicators on weekly, monthly, quarterly and as needed
• Ensure all the functional analyzers operate for 24 hours and testing at maximum capacity on daily basis Participate fully in weekly staff meetings, management review meeting and all meetings as instructed by the Laboratory Manager/Supervlsor
• Fully support the laboratory to maintain and expand ISO 15189 accreditation
• Fully support the laboratory to prepare action plan and address/close all gaps/non-conformances within timeframe post supervisions, assessments and occurrences.
• Any duty deemed necessary by the laboratory supervisor including but not limited to training of junior technicians and students.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Holder of a Degree in Laboratory Science from a recognized Institution plus successful completion of one- year Internship and must be registered in the register of Health Laboratory Practitioners Council as a Health Laboratory Scientist.
• At least three years of experience in working at viral load and EID laboratories Ability to operate CAP/CTM, Roche, Abbott, 6800 and/or 8800 DBSAdral load Machines Laboratory quality management training and ISO 15189 standard implementation experience Ability to use computer and Microsoft office tools
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Letters of application should be written in English preferably handwritten attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic/professional qualification, testimonials and names, Addresses, telephone numbers and three referees, should put in a sealed envelope addressed to the Director General so as to reach him within two weeks of the date of first appearance.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Bugando Medical Centre,