KEY RESPONSIBILITIES **:**
1. Manage day to day running of operations (drilling, blasting, and crushing) on the site, ascertaining extraction risks and ensures all safety precautions to avoid hazards and loss.
2. Checking that the quarry’s production levels are maintained safely to schedule
3. Managing performance of the production process, setting and monitoring targets.
4. Quarry design and prepare daily work plan
5. Examining the area and materials produced to ensure that a high quality of product is maintained.
6. Performs all mining related activities at the quarry
7. Closely monitoring all areas of the quarry to ensure that extraction and processing (crushing) work is carried out by observing safety procedures and precaution.
8. Performs any other duty as instructed by Managing Director
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
1. Bachelor degree in mining engineering from a reputable university.
2. Experience in mining quarry.
3. A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a similar position
4. Decisive, able to work under pressure without any supervision
5. Competence in computer software(excel &Microsoft word)
6. 28-35 years of age
To plan, manage and monitor daily production at the quarry also to ensure materials are extracted safely and efficiently