The candidate will be responsible for safeguarding the interest of the organization through legal means.
- Provide legal assistance to Human resources team for employment matters and contract drafting for employment and other relating matters.
- Provide legal opinion as required by the Commission.
- Liaise with the relevant divisions to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Liaise with and manage external lawyers / law firms as required.
- Assess periodically the business need for particular legal skills in-house.
- Ensure consistent procedures and communication processes are in place to establish goals, clarify responsibilities, engage team members, utilise their strengths, share feedback and adjust plans.
- Continuously monitor compliance with legal obligation and advise management accordingly.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in microfinance and banking.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel.
- Ability to think creatively, to innovate and resolve problems.
- Demonstrate success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters.