Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Kinazini – Zanzibar
Contract Duration: 4 Years
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office is working on the new project,“Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education through a holistic approach, Zanzibar, Tanzania (EQSSE-Z)”in order to provide better teaching and learning in secondary schools through learner-centered pedagogy in the classroom and laboratory, strengthened teacher support services, improved learning environments, and greater community engagement in school-based monitoring in Zanzibar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support MoEVT for all MEL activities and conduct formative evaluations
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to MoEVT as needed.
- Coordinate with financial department to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines
- Generate financial report and statements to Managing Director for review.
- Monitor expenditures, analyses revenues and determine budget variances and report to management.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from MoEVT in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to other accountants when needed.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Work collaboratively with other staffs to achieve shared goals.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Master’s Degree or above in a related field.
- Proven experiences of more than 10 years in this field.
- Report writing, project planning, time management, communicating skills, computerized accounting knowledge and capacity building and training experience.
- Good interpersonal skills in an international and multi-national environment.
- All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone) , together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email removed]
- All applicants should provide current contact information of their referees.
- Deadline for application is not later than 12th September, 2020 .
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails address.
**BE SURE TO CLICK EDIT APPLICATION DETAILS BEFORE APPLY NOW**
Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role