SNV USA is hiring a Workforce and Readiness Intern for Tanzania Advancing Youth project. The Feed the Future Tanzania Advancing Youth (AY) is a five-year initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The activity’s goal is to increase economic opportunities for rural young people between the ages of 15 and 35. The activity is dedicated to building youth entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce-readiness skills and empower youth to become leaders in their communities by connecting them to opportunities promoting employment, wellbeing and leadership. The activity will achieve this by:
- Increasing entrepreneurship and workforce readiness skills among youth.
- Strengthening leadership and positive youth development.
- Enhancing life skills for healthy living and planning.
By focusing on a positive youth development (PYD) approach to connect with rural Tanzanian young people and their communities, Advancing Youth empowers youth to reach their potential. Advancing Youth’s PYD methodology focuses on delivering training and mentoring around three “Ls”: Livelihoods,
Leadership, and Life Skills.
- Support Monitoring & Evaluation field activities – data collection, verification, and data entry processes.
- Track progress of the Community Mobilizers (CMs) and reporting their monthly activities.
- Assist in the maintenance of data, information, files and folders related to grantees and other livelihood activities.
- Support drafting of the weekly updates and monthly reports, and success stories compilation.
- Work with grantees to ensure that deliverables are met, and activities are implemented in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with Leadership and Life Skills technical teams and grantees to integrate youth within all AY components.
- Support planning and logistical arrangements for events and other livelihood activities.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor. At the end of the contract period, the Intern will need to submit a brief report on their observations, learning, and experiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness, Development Economics, Rural and Regional Development Planning and other related studies.
- Demonstrated volunteering or initiative taking in their communities.
- Ability to work effectively in team environment, and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced professional working environment.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and responsive.
- Quick learner and takes initiatives.
- Punctual and reliable with a commitment to learning and self-improvement.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
This position is based in Zanzibar and is open to Tanzanian nationals. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to XYZ with the subject line
“Workforce and Readiness Intern, Tanzania Advancing Youth Activity” by November 25, 2020 .
Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Workforce and Readiness Intern will work closely with the Technical Lead for Livelihood Component of AY activity to support the implementation of all activities in Zanzibar. This is a consulting part time position for 6 months based in Zanzibar, Tanzania.