Water Technician II (Water Supply)
Jobs at:Igunga urban water supply and sanitation authority (IGUWASA)
Deadline of this Job:
26 August 2020
Within Tanzania , Igunga , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Igunga urban water supply and sanitation authority (IGUWASA) is a legally established entity for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Igunga town. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania. The core function of the Authority is to provide clean, portable and safe water to Igunga District residence.
In order to attain its vision and mission, IGUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanian to fill the following vacant posts within the Authorities establishment. .
Main duties and responsibilities.
• To carry out regular inspection of water pipes
• To inspect water distribution pipelines
• To prepare and keep records of water distribution.
• To monitor the air valves and washout operations
• To record daily breakdowns of water distributions system and repaired breakdowns
• To carry out flushing of water distribution lines to remove stagnant water and other sediments.
• To monitor water rationing operation valves
• To perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Direct entry Qualifications
Holder of ordinary Diploma (NTA 6) In water resources Engineering or full technician certificate (FTC) respective fields from a recognize institution also the candidate must be computer literate.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age
• Applicants must attach an up to date curriculum vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code, email and telephone numbers.
• Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates, degree/advanced diploma transcripts, Form IV and form VI national examination certificates, Birth certificates. Form IV and VI result slip are strictly not accepted.
• Applicants who have/were retired from the public service for whatever reason should not apply.
• Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
• Applicants with special needs/care (disability) are supposed to indicate
• All application letters must be handwritten.
• A Signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and address to
IGUNGA URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION AUTHORITY (IGUWASA),
Deadline 26 August, 2020, Time 00:00 pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for the interview date.
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.