North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit One (01 ) Underground Foreman to join Underground Production team. The successful candidate will be responsible for supervision of the mine crews, to ensure safety is managed, and overall development performance is monitored and efficient. Ensure that any non-conforming items (Quality and quantity) are immediately isolated and reported for corrective action to be taken. The position will report to the Underground Production Superintendent.
- Provide leadership and direction to the mine operations team.
- Ensure the Mine Production Manager and Mine Supervisors are provided with consistent leadership at all times.
- Ensure the operation meets safety targets through support of the lead indicator systems and enforcement of standard operating procedures.
- Ensure the operation meets production targets through support of the planning systems, particularly daily, weekly and monthly planning and reporting.
- Foster a team working environment to ensure cooperation between departments.
- Develop mine team workforce and mentor potential successors for the position.
- Provide leadership and support to the Continuous Improvement program and Training group, who report to this position.
- Daily record-keeping of completed work.
- Ensure site is set up correctly and in compliance with safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to ensure mine to plan is followed by the team and ensure compliance is achieved.
- Report all observed environmental incidents and non-compliances.
- Maximise the use of environmentally friendly and recyclable products.
- Full compliance with the project environmental management plan.
- Complete Environmental training module within the maintenance skills matrix program.
- Provide Environmental leadership by always setting a good example.
- Report all incidents of loss to protective services immediately.
- Support the investigation and follow up action of all loss incidents.
- Ensure that Security becomes a core focus of others within the team.
- Ensure team members are aware of their accountability towards security.
- Previous experience and knowledge of underground operations is a must.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in underground production supervisory role.
- Knowledge and understanding of reading Mining plans and ability to follow specifications.
- A degree or Diploma in Mining Engineering will be of added advantage.
- Extensive experience in underground mining operation or large scale civil engineering projects.
- The strong ability to form effective working relationships that allow achievement of job requirements.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work in a team, communicate effectively and drive results.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with crew, leadership, and clients.
- Possess knowledge of Industry standard safe working practices.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV - YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “UNDERGROUND FOREMAN” in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 05 th November, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.