North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit two (2) Underground Auto Electrician Trainers to join Underground Maintenance team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned auto electrical tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent . This is a two years fixed contract role, with the work roster being (56) days on (28) days off.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Maintaining, repairing electrical issues, diagnostics / Fault Finding and routine inspection on a variety of UG machines (I.e. SANDVIK, CAT, NORMET).
- Coordinate activities in the unit and report back to Mobile Maintenance Superintendent.
- Ensure that mobile equipment is maintained in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Develop workforce to maintain the underground mines mobile equipment fleet.
- Ensure safe working practices and Hazard identification principles and processes are observed by subordinates at all times.
- Involvement with developing training programs for national workforce and carrying out competency assessments.
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices by example and act immediately on any unsafe act or situation observed and monitor standards.
- Full compliance with the OEM repair procedures and all safety and training protocols.
- Complete all training module within the auto electrical and maintenance skills matrix program.
- Monitor mine underground auto electrical activities and eliminate any wasteful practices, ensuring agreed target for maintenance are met.
- Support and work through the departmental tactical plans to achieve the overall business objective.
- Developing and managing equipment component change outs and rebuilds where necessary.
- Investigate and implement latest technology that will improve auto electrical works.
- Minimum of 8 years’ Artisanal experience in mine auto electrical maintenance role. .
- Good working knowledge of auto electrical maintenance planning/scheduling.
- Experienced in maintenance practices and techniques.
- Experience in large underground mining operation.
- Experience in delivering technical training programmes Well-developed oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to interact with People of diverse cultures and levels.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail
If you are not contacted by Barrick - North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 17 th February 2020.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.