Tradesperson 1 - Machinist (Re-advertised) (16321)
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
21 July 2021
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Tradesperson 1- Machinist
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Supervisor - Mechanical Rebuild
Number of Positions: One (1)
Purpose of The Role
Purpose of the role is to execute and offer assistance in all facets of mechanical work in the Process Plant Main Workshop (i.e. Preventive, Maintenance, Repairs, Breakdowns, and Installation of new and replacement equipment).
Form IV Secondary Education with VETA Qualification Grade I in Fitting or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering and or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and Proficient in mathematics.
• 3 years and above experience in similar position as a Fitter & Turner / Machinist.
• Experience working in Mining Industry especially in the Process Plant will be an added advantage.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
• Observe all Safety requirements relevant to the job in hand
• Report any unsafe equipment immediately
• Operates and maintains lathe, and milling machines
• Maintain safe operation of equipment by adhering to safety protocols and regulations
• Calculate dimensions and Tolerances
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines
• Selects appropriate machine and settings for a given task
• Maintains inventory of completed products
• Maintains a safe and clean workstation.
• produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment
• 9 working hours per shift Designing and fitting.
• Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork must be able to solve problems.
• Be physically and metal fit and hard working
• Possession of Basic Trade Skills
• Able to read, understand and utilize all Plant technical manuals
• Specialized training on various pieces of equipment as required
• Computer Literate – Proficiency in Auto Cards / Basic Computer Skills
• Be able to work under pressure with zero supervision
• Willing to attend standby and call – out duties.
• Driving Competency with Tanzania Driving License Class B and D
• Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver
• Please apply through our recruitment portal by Clicking APPLY button below.
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Tradesperson 1 - Machinist”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: High School
Job application procedure
Applications should reach the above on or before 21st July 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Apply at: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?_s.crb=Rv1Tv5JCljn%252basFYQe1x9uxdhZHo4S26bEqGd9RJQeU%253d