Technician 1 – Environment
Jobs at:Geita Gold Mining Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
01 April 2022
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The role exists to carry out environmental monitoring data collection through sample collection, laboratory analysis as well as fetching data from monitoring devices. The role holder will also assist in managing environmental monitoring data securely and efficiently using available data management tools.
• A minimum of a Diploma in environmental sciences/engineering, or any related field.
• A minimum of two years’ experience in Environmental monitoring, preferably in the Mining Industry.
Main or key Accountabilities:
• Water Quality Sampling and Analysis
• Inspecting sampling points and routes
• Calibrating multi-parameter meters
• Physical parameters measurements
• Sample preservation
• Preparing Chain of Custody (CoC)
• Transportation of samples to the laboratory
• Conducting microbial analysis at the onsite laboratory.
• Follow up with the laboratory contact person to get analytical results
• Air quality data collection
• Exposing, collecting, and transporting fall out dust bottles to a laboratory.
• Exposing, collecting, and transporting diffusion tubes to a laboratory.
• Downloading respirable dust data from dust monitors.
• Transportation of samples to a laboratory
• Follow up with laboratory to get analytical results
• Meteorological data collection
• Fetching meteorological data from weather stations
• Blast Noise and Vibration data collectio
• Measuring blasting related noise and vibration
• Monitoring equipment maintenance and repair
• Update monitoring equipment inventory
• Update and keep to calibration and maintenance schedules
• Regular inspection and on-site calibration of devices as required
• Data storage
• Upload data onto the monitoring database on a regular basis
• Retrieve and share data as requested by data users.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/