Technical Aid 1 - Environmental Monitoring (17237)
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2021
Dar es Salaam
Monday, October 18, 2021
, Base Salary:
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Technical Aid 1 – Environmental Monitoring
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Environmental Officer
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide technical support to the Environment function, collection and transportation of waste, labour, and tools; inspection and maintenance of tools and pieces of equipment; field work, and data collection.
A minimum of Secondary School Education
At least 2 years’ relevant experience in mining industry
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Collection and transportation of waste receptacles to landfill or transfer station using a skip loader truck or any other piece of equipment.
• Landfill and waste receptacle inspection to check and report on compliance with waste management requirements.
• Pest control - setting traps, placing baits, fumigation, applying pest control chemicals.
• Daily inspection and cleaning of tools and pieces of equipment
• Field supervision of re-vegetation works
• Collection and transportation of seedlings, tools and other revegetation resources during revegetation period.
• Assist in water sampling programs, meteorological data download, collection of diffusion tubes, dust monitoring and biodiversity monitoring.
• To ensure waste receptacle emptying demand met in time.
• To make sure Pest control calls attended in a timely manner
• To ensure all Environmental tools and equipment’s are in good shape.
• Any other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
• Risk assessment and management
• Skip loader truck operation
• Pest control tasks
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
• You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Technical Aid 1 – Environmental Monitoring”
• You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
• Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 26th October 2021 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Overview Job Category: Technicians Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 28 October 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 16-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: 54 Technicians Ii (Electrical…
Kinondoni, Mikocheni Dar Es Salaam Details Description Candidate will be responsible to monitor daily progress of the vessel, observing speed, engine pressure and water depths, and signaling any passing ships….
Overview Job Category: Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 02 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 21-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Engineer II -Civil […
Overview Job Category: Management Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 30 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 10-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Building Manager [ Type:…
Eligible Applicants This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants. Procedures and Eligibility Interested applicants should consult the Administrative Instruction on Recruitment and Assignment…
Overview Job Category: Administrative Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 08 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 26-10-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: Production Foremen Raw house…
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Process Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will ensure activities in the Shaft Engineering Department are effectively…
Overview Job Category: Technicians Job Type: Full-Time Deadline of this Job: 15 November 2021 Duty Station: Dar es Salaam Posted: 10-11-2021 Requirements Job Description Vacancy title: IT Technician [ Type:…
Kasulu Mjini Kigoma Details Description Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Officer will support World Direct’s country program through the provision of high-quality admin and support…