Reporting to: Maintenance Manager
• Manage the maintenance activities for Failure Reporting Analysis and Causal Action System as well as the successful provision of the required: This is a highly specialised function that resides within the Enterprise Asset Management structure and is supported by the Enterprise Asset Management adopted systems. These functions activities are focused toward the realisation of the Company Enterprise Asset Management Policy, by performing the activities as defined within the Tactical Maintenance Group of elements, which in turn is defined in the Enterprise Asset Management Strategy.
• Failure reporting - manage the activities that record and report any Process, Quality, Equipment or Component related inability, to meet the intended functions or outputs. This function entails the managing of the recording, reporting and quality of the failure data and the execution of a first line or initial Root Cause Failure Analysis methodology and method.
• Formal Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCF - manage the activities that processes the records and reports of any Process, Quality, Equipment or Component related inability, to meet the intended functions or outputs, as generated during the failure reporting process, through the formal Root Cause Failure Analysis methodology, methods and systems, as currently adopted into the Enterprise Asset Management Strategy.
• Failure Mechanism and Risk Analysis (FMRA) - eliminate the Failure Mechanisms and to mitigate or eliminate the Conditions that will initiate and drive the failure mechanisms until a component functional failure.
• Management of Change (MOC) - ensure that management of change methodology and method is applied on all process, quality, equipment or component related changes.
• Determination and management of Skills - ensure the availability of the business adopted methods and system, required for the skill-determination methodology.
• Ultimate responsible for safe working practices especially at areas of responsibility.
• Environment: Ensure environmental procedures are complied with, identify and manage the environmental aspects and impacts in his/her area and instil environmental awareness culture in his/her area.
• Any other duties as may be assigned Line Management.
• Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
• Must be registered with Engineers Registration Board
Knowledge and Specific Experience
• Maintenance experience in cement or equivalent industry.
• Minimum 5 Years’ experience in the field of Failure Reporting Analysis and Causal Action System (Actively Performing).
• Sound Engineering knowledge in the electrical and mechanical fields, Good Experience of high speed complex rotating equipment and their maintenance techniques, repairs, diagnostics and fault analysis, Knowledge of the Process and Quality processes within the facilities, Expert understanding of operation maintenance and production strategies and SAP system, Good Experience Technical Reporting, Practical knowledge of Excel, Word & E-Mail Programs, fluent in English, Computer Literacy, Analytical and abstract thinking
Tanga Cement Plc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Salary and Benefits
Tanga Cement offers attractive salary and benefits in line with the candidate’s qualifications, skills and experience.